It is possible to increase testosterone in men if it has decreased due to an improper lifestyle and / or the presence of a number of diseases, in a natural or medical way. In the first case, you need to change your lifestyle, including diet. If it was not possible to normalize the level of the hormone on your own, you should consult a doctor.
Testosterone is the main male sex hormone that is synthesized from cholesterol mainly in the Leydig cells of the testes, a small amount of the hormone is also synthesized by the adrenal cortex. The synthesis and secretion of testosterone occurs under the influence of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
If you combine training with a balanced diet and good rest, you can increase testosterone in men to normal values quite quickly, in just a few months.
Testosterone is a product of peripheral metabolism, is responsible for virilization, i.e., the development of the genitals and secondary sexual characteristics in boys, plays an important role in the production of sperm, regulates sexual behavior, and also affects the development of muscle and bone tissue. In addition, changes in testosterone levels affect the psycho-emotional state of men. Reduced hormone levels cause constant fatigue, impaired memory and attention, and increased body weight.
To gain muscle mass, testosterone is used by athletes, but prolonged use of hormone preparations leads to a decrease in the body's own production of testosterone. In the future, this condition requires therapy aimed at restoring the natural secretion of testosterone.
What determines the level of testosterone in the body
The level of testosterone in the male body depends on a number of factors, including lifestyle, diet, physical and sexual activity. The norm of testosterone in the blood of adult males varies depending on the method of determination, the allowable range is 8.5–32 nmol / L. In men after 50 years, the level of testosterone in the blood decreases (6.6–25.7 nmol / L).
Risk factors for an excessive decrease in testosterone production in men include overweight, sedentary work, over 40 years old, genetic predisposition, arterial hypertension, kidney disease, hyperglycemia, elevated blood cholesterol and / or bilirubin. Low testosterone levels may be due to increased testicular temperature, surgical interventions, infectious diseases, head injuries, endocrine diseases, etc.
With a reduced level of testosterone in men, it is recommended to limit the use of light alcoholic beverages to two to three glasses of natural wine per week.
How to increase testosterone at home
It has been proven that overweight is one of the main reasons for lowering testosterone levels in men. According to the results of studies, in men over 30 years old with a weight exceeding the ideal body weight by 30% or more, the level of testosterone in the blood decreases by 10–20% every year. Therefore, it is possible to increase testosterone in overweight men by correcting overweight.
An important role in ensuring sufficient testosterone production is played by adequate sexual activity, since prolonged abstinence from sexual intercourse adversely affects the secretion of testosterone.
It has been established that chronic sleep deficiency leads to a decrease in the production of male hormone.Thus, you can increase testosterone by adjusting the mode of work and rest. It is necessary to avoid excessive physical and mental stress, as well as to ensure a full night's sleep (at least 7-8 hours a day). In addition, increasing testosterone avoids stressful situations. This is due to the fact that cortisol, which inhibits the production of testosterone, takes part in the development of stress reactions.
You can naturally increase testosterone in men through exercise. Of particular importance are training, during which the large muscles are involved. Conducting classes is recommended in the morning. An unsportsmanlike past is not a reason to refuse physical exercises - sports records in this case do not matter. Regular hourly workouts, conducted twice a week, can increase testosterone in men older than 40 years to normal values. In this case, overtraining should be avoided, since during physical overload in the body cortisol begins to be intensively produced and, accordingly, the synthesis of testosterone decreases.
Along with overeating and overweight, the production of male hormone is adversely affected by regular malnutrition and a low-calorie diet.
Interestingly, the maximum increase in testosterone levels can be achieved by performing strength exercises. No other sports have been able to demonstrate a comparable result.
To increase testosterone in men through exercise, it is recommended:
- carry out 2-3 workouts per week, each of which should last no more than one hour,
- give priority to exercises aimed at large muscles (chest, back, lower extremities), exercises involving smaller muscles (press, biceps, triceps, calves) are performed for the harmonious development of the body, but they do not affect the production of testosterone,
- to work out 1-2 large and 2-3 small muscles in one training session, each exercise should be performed in several sets of 6-8 repetitions, the rest between the two sets should be 1–5 minutes, depending on the energy intensity of the exercises performed,
- try a little (by 0.5–2 kg) to increase the weight of the weights used at each subsequent training.
It is advisable that a professional draw up a lesson plan and control the level of workload, this will avoid inadequate physical activity and their adverse effects on health.
If you combine training with a balanced diet and good rest, you can increase testosterone in men to normal values quite quickly, in just a few months.
To increase testosterone, other types of physical activity are also suitable, for example, walking, sprinting, as well as training the pubic-coccygeal muscle, which helps transfer the produced testosterone into the bloodstream, improves blood supply to the genitals.
During the day, it is recommended to drink at least two liters of fluid, and with active sports, the amount of fluid used should be increased.
What to do if you can’t increase your testosterone levels yourself
With age, especially after 50 years, it is more difficult to increase testosterone in men by natural methods, and it may be completely impossible. In this case, hormone replacement therapy using synthetic testosterone may be appropriate. It should be borne in mind that in some patients of the older age group, natural methods of stimulating testosterone production can be more effective in comparison with hormone replacement therapy, therefore, it is recommended to resort to them first.
Drug treatment with drugs whose action is aimed at normalizing testosterone levels is carried out in case of serious hormonal disorders.Typically, in such cases, testosterone preparations or its synthetic analogues are prescribed. In view of the likelihood of side effects and inhibition of the natural production of testosterone, taking such drugs should be done only according to strict indications and under medical supervision. An overdose of testosterone drugs can cause hypersexuality, the development of gynecomastia (enlargement of the mammary glands in men), lipomastia (false gynecomastia), and cancer.
How to increase testosterone in a natural way with a diet
You can increase testosterone in men by adjusting your diet. So, for the synthesis of testosterone, the body needs a sufficient amount of minerals, especially zinc, a deficiency of which negatively affects the production of this hormone. To satisfy the body's need for zinc, it is necessary to regularly include fish and seafood, nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds in the diet.
Reduced hormone levels cause constant fatigue, impaired memory and attention, and increased body weight.
Another trace element indispensable for the synthesis of testosterone, a deficiency of which is especially common in men over 40, is selenium. Selenium-rich foods include liver, rice, corn, beans, lentils, peas, and pistachios.
Along with overeating and overweight, the production of male hormone is adversely affected by regular malnutrition and a low-calorie diet. Therefore, weight loss should be with a small daily calorie deficit - not more than 300 kcal from the daily norm. To increase testosterone in men with a diet, a balanced ratio of proteins (30-40%), fats (about 20%) and carbohydrates (40-50%) from food should be provided.
To provide the body with a complete protein, it is recommended to include beef, white poultry and eggs in the diet. Of carbohydrates, preference should be given to complex ones, which can be obtained from whole wheat, brown rice, vegetables. It is also necessary to consume a sufficient amount of mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are found in vegetable oils, nuts, and oily fish of the northern seas (for example, trout and salmon).
In addition, in order to increase testosterone in men, it is important to provide the body with vitamins. Vitamins C, E, F, as well as B vitamins take part in the synthesis of male hormone. For this reason, citrus fruits, currants, rose hips, fish oil should be present in the diet.
During the day, it is recommended to drink at least two liters of fluid, and with active sports, the amount of fluid used should be increased. Drink clean water, avoiding the use of sugary drinks and packaged juices.
To gain muscle mass, testosterone is used by athletes, but prolonged use of hormone preparations leads to a decrease in the body's own production of testosterone.
With a reduced level of testosterone in men, it is recommended to limit the use of light alcoholic beverages to two or three glasses of natural wine per week, or completely abandon the use, since drinking alcohol leads to a decrease in testosterone levels (alcohol helps to convert testosterone to estrogen). At the same time, the strength of alcohol does not matter, both strong and low-alcohol drinks have an adverse effect. It is also recommended to quit smoking.
How to prevent a decrease in testosterone levels in men
The following measures are recommended to prevent a decrease in testosterone in men:
- maintaining normal body weight
- balanced diet,
- avoidance of stressful situations
- avoidance of excessive physical exertion, while sufficient physical activity,
- rational mode of work and rest, a full night's sleep,
- adequate sexual activity,
- refusal of self-administration of hormonal drugs, including testosterone preparations, in order to increase its level in the blood or build muscle,
- strengthening immunity (hardening by pouring cold water is particularly effective, since the short-term exposure to cold water increases the synthesis of testosterone),
- avoidance of exposure to the body of adverse environmental factors.
Video from YouTube on the topic of the article:
Education: 2004-2007 "First Kiev Medical College" specialty "Laboratory Diagnostics".
Found a mistake in the text? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.
The hormone is produced in the adrenal cortex and testicles. The norm is 11-33 nanomol / liter. How does testosterone affect the male body? Its impact occurs in two main directions:
- androgenic: regulation of the processes of sexual development of the body. Progesterone activity promotes the development of sexual characteristics in boys during puberty,
- anabolic: there is a synthesis of proteins, insulin, endorphins, muscle fibers are formed, the body develops physically.
In addition, testosterone performs a number of vital functions:
- takes an active part in metabolic processes,
- regulates weight gain and the formation of the anatomical shape of the body,
- controls blood sugar
- stimulates stress resistance,
- supports the level of libido, the activity of men.
Testosterone is a natural anabolic substance that is absolutely safe for the body, unlike its synthetic counterparts. The maximum concentration of testosterone levels is noted at the age of 18, and after 25 years begins to gradually fall. By the age of 35-40 years, hormone production decreases by about 1-2% every year. Such a decrease in hormone levels is a natural process and does not require treatment.
The effect of testosterone on the body at different periods of male development:
|Fetal period||Under the influence of testosterone, the sex of the child is formed, then the prostate and seminal vesicles develop in the fetus.|
|Puberty (transitional age in boys)||· The chest expands, the shoulders, chin, forehead, and jaw increase.|
· Increases muscle mass.
· The voice is rough, an Adam's apple appears.
· The sebaceous glands can work in an enhanced mode, which often causes a rash.
· Hair appears in the pubic area, armpits, on the face. Gradually, hair appears on the chest, legs, arms.
· There is an increase in the genitals and increased sexual desire.
· Increases the ability to conceive.
|Mature men||· After 35 years, the hormone level gradually decreases, sexual desire fades.|
· Simultaneously with a decrease in testosterone, heart and vascular diseases develop, osteoporosis, malfunctions of the autonomic system can develop.
· The risk of getting Alzheimer's disease increases with age.
But the testosterone production process may be disrupted by exposure adverse factors:
- smoking, alcohol abuse,
- inactive lifestyle
- chronic diseases
- some drugs
- adverse environmental conditions
- overweight, constant stress.
1. Lose Weight
Overweight men statistically have lower testosterone levels, and the second fact here is a consequence of the first. The departure of extra pounds leads to an increase in testosterone levels, and in combination with a general improvement in the condition of the body, an incredibly strong positive effect is obtained.
There are dozens of topical methods that answer the question "how to lose weight." But in general, the strategy for weight loss is one: less sweet + calorie control + physical activity.
Testosterone Level: Normal and Deviation
With age, the amount of testosterone gradually decreases, by the age of 60 it can fall by 50%. Moreover, an increase or decrease in the level of the hormone is already noticeable when the deviation from the norm is 5-15%. The total hormone content in the blood consists of the free part - 2% and the part that is associated with proteins - 98%.
|20-50 years old||50 and more|
|General||11-33||Not lower than 11|
Causes and consequences of lowering the level of male hormone
A decrease in testosterone levels can be primary (testicular damage) and secondary (pathology of the hypothalamic-pituitary system). Unfortunately, low levels of the hormone are common in modern young men. What is the reason for this shortage? Both various diseases and lifestyle can affect the decrease in testosterone.
A decrease in hormone levels immediately affects metabolism and is typical symptoms:
- joint aches, decreased muscle mass,
- memory problems
- problems with erection, premature ejaculation,
- breast enlargement, overweight,
- insomnia, decreased libido,
- hairline reduction.
Hormone deficiency provokes weight gain, a man becomes irritable, prone to depression, in addition, the risk of developing various kinds of diseases increases. Factorsthat help reduce sex hormones:
- unbalanced nutrition
- alcohol abuse
- taking certain drugs
- genital injuries
- sedentary lifestyle,
- irregular lovemaking
- adverse environmental conditions.
How to increase testosterone levels in men? Of course, there are effective drugs for such cases, but they can only be prescribed by a specialist after examination. First, consider natural and safe methods.
Signs of low testosterone in men
A number of symptoms indicate low testosterone levels. If they are found, it is necessary to pass an analysis for testosterone:
- Decreased libido. Testosterone has a key effect on male sexual desire. Many men experience a gradual decrease in libido with age. Nevertheless, its sharp drop indicates a lack of testosterone.
- Difficulties with erection. The male sex hormone is not only responsible for sexual desire, but also helps to achieve and maintain an erection. Testosterone itself does not cause an erection, but it stimulates the production of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a molecule that allows you to start a series of chemical reactions necessary for an erection. Despite this, testosterone levels are just one of many factors that affect an erection. Research on the role of hormone replacement therapy in the treatment of erectile dysfunction is inconclusive: about half of the subjects show no improvement. Other health problems also cause difficulties with erection. It can be:
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- Hair loss. Testosterone controls many body functions, including hair growth. Alopecia is a natural aging companion for many men. In addition to hereditary baldness, men with low levels of testosterone notice a decrease in hair on the face and body.
- Fatigability. Men with a lack of this male sex hormone suffer from high fatigue and experience a constant feeling of fatigue, even with a healthy sleep and rest regimen.
- Loss of muscle mass and increased body fat. It is difficult for men who lack male sex hormone to gain muscle mass. There is also an increase in body fat, in particular - the breast.An increase in the mammary gland in men is called gynecomastia, and occurs due to an imbalance between testosterone and estrogen.
- Bone fragility. Male sex hormone helps bone growth and strengthening, so men with low testosterone levels suffer from osteoporosis and prone to bone fractures, especially in old age.
Hormone production is a complex process that involves the collaboration of organs and systems. What foods increase testosterone in men? For the normal production of androgens, it is first necessary to provide the body with useful substances:
|Minerals||To increase testosterone levels, it is important to consume enough zinc. With its deficiency, a drop in testosterone levels is noted. Zinc is contained in such products:|
· Seafood (shrimp, squid, oysters, crabs),
· Fish (herring, anchovies, carp),
· Nuts (pistachios, walnuts, almonds).
It is important to provide the body with enough selenium, magnesium and calcium.
|Vitamins||For full health, the body needs vitamins:|
· Vitamin C - a powerful antioxidant, is responsible for the body's defenses, inhibits the production of cortisol,
Vitamin E - helps insulin in the fight against high blood sugar,
· Omega-3 and omega-6 - essential acids necessary for the production of testosterone,
|Proteins and Fats||The basis of nutrition and testosterone synthesis. It is important to balance nutrition so that there is no deficiency in either protein or fat.|
Healthy fats: linseed, peanut, olive oil, bananas, salmon, egg yolks.
|Water||Adequate use of pure water is necessary for the smooth functioning of the body.|
Additional nutrition recommendations:
Seafood is known for its ability to increase potency.
- include parsley, spinach, dill in your menu - plant forms of testosterone,
- dried fruits are very useful, they contain lutein,
- be sure to eat porridge - fiber is essential for the body,
- Avoid soy foods
- exclude beer, fast food, carbonated drinks, fast carbohydrates (pastries, sweets),
- limit the amount of salt
- you can drink no more than one cup of natural coffee per day,
- products that increase testosterone in men should be natural, so try to buy meat in the markets, since imported meat can have the opposite effect. The fact is that in order to increase body weight, cattle are fed with hormone supplements. And 80% of the hormones that are added to feed pigs to quickly increase the amount of fat are female.
How to increase testosterone production in men? Overweight men need to get rid of extra pounds. It is proved that in men with obesity, the level of testosterone production is reduced. Male sex hormones in adipose tissue are converted to female ones. Therefore, sports and proper nutrition are the companions of a real healthy man.
It is proved that strength exercises significantly increase the level of male sex hormones.
Bodybuilding as a way to cause increased testosterone in men is a favorite among all sports. Other types of physical activity do not produce this effect.
Training should take place 2-3 times a week. Overtraining should not be allowed, so the lesson should last no more than one hour.
The increase in testosterone in men is affected only by the study of large muscle groups, the load on the small ones is given so that the body is developed proportionally.
It has been proven that weight training contributes to the production of testosterone. The main recommendations:
- optimal training duration is an hour,
- the number of trainings - 2-3 per week,
- you need to train the large muscles of the back, legs, chest,
- take the weight so that you can do the exercise 8 to 10 times, the latter with effort.
Why are male hormones declining?
Reduced testosterone levels affect the overall health of a person, his sexual activity, and overall tone. Hormone deficiency can occur for a number of reasons:
- Man age. It is known that with age, the sexual activity of men decreases and this is due to an age-related decrease in testosterone in the blood. If you believe the studies, the level of male hormone after 60 lei is reduced by half,
- Addiction to alcohol, tobacco, drugs,
- Violation of eating behavior, the use of preservatives, dyes and other harmful additives,
- The presence of sexually transmitted diseases
- The use of medications - glucocorticosteroids, which negatively affect the production of hormones,
- Lack of regular physical activity, sedentary work,
- Renal failure
- The use of tight underwear, squeezing the genitals, blood vessels,
- Adverse environmental conditions, poor ecology,
- Frequent stress and depression
- The presence of chronic diseases of vital organs.
Normalized testosterone levels:
- Men from 20 to 50 years old - 11-33 nmol / L. Indicators of free hormone - 8.8-42.5.
- Male persons after 50 years old - not lower than 11 nmol / l. Indicators of free hormone - 6.5-30.
Symptoms that indicate a decline in the level of a hormone specific to men are: decreased sexual activity, attraction to the opposite sex, insomnia, memory lapses, aching muscles and joints, increased body weight, dizziness and headaches, changes in the shape and size of the nipples.
The first thing that needs to be done to increase the level of testosterone in a man is to organize a healthy lifestyle: give up bad habits, observe a diet, give preference to high-quality and healthy food containing vitamins and minerals necessary for a person, connect sports, and sleep. Doctors also recommend the use of medications, but their dosage should be determined exclusively by a specialist. In no case should you self-medicate.
There are many folk recipes, tested by experience and time, which positively affect the synthesis of the hormone. As a rule, these are decoctions of herbs and roots. Before applying alternative methods of treatment, make sure that there is no allergic reaction to certain components of the drug.
Vitamin Complexes to Increase Testosterone
Vitamins are necessary for our body to maintain health and vitality. To normalize the level of male hormones, the use of fortified complexes is extremely important:
- Vitamin C - It is an antioxidant that slows down the production of stress hormones that are damaging to testosterone. In addition, ascorbic acid destroys free radicals, which negatively affect the whole organism. Vitamin C can be taken both in the form of food additives, which are dispensed at the pharmacy, and in the form of fresh vegetables and fruits, such as lemons, oranges, tangerines, sea buckthorn, broccoli, and so on.
- Vitamin D also affects the body's production of the hormone testosterone. This vitamin is contained in milk and eggs, but the most affordable way to get it is by sunbathing. Men are recommended to be in the sunshine as often as possible at a safe time - from 7.00 to 11. 00 and after 15.00.
- B vitamins can be obtained by eating potatoes, beets, beans, peas, cereals.
Dietary supplements containing zinc, magnesium, calcium, selenium and other trace elements are strongly recommended for use by people suffering from a decrease in testosterone in the body.
Movement is life
It is proved that regular, moderate physical activity contributes to an increase in testosterone in men. With the help of sports, you can not only normalize the level of testosterone, but also put your body in order, getting rid of excess weight and pumping up muscles.
Depending on the individual characteristics of the body and on the selected set of exercises, sports increase the level of hormones by 15-40%.
How to influence testosterone production through sports exercises?
- Giving classes in the gym at least 45 minutes 2-3 times a week.
- Give preference to complexes, performing which work several muscle groups.
- Active synthesis of testosterone to a greater extent contribute to power loads.
- Perform "multi-joint" complexes - squats, lifting dumbbells and so on.
You should not forget about cardio training. Swimming in the pool, running, skiing, cycling can improve the blood supply to the whole body, pelvic organs and genitals, including the saturation of cells with oxygen.
Deadlift is recognized as the best exercise that has a beneficial effect on testosterone production. You can choose exercises individually, taking into account your abilities and personal preferences.
How to massage?
- Take a warm shower, paying particular attention to the testicle area to warm them up. You can also use a towel for this purpose.
- Grasp the scrotum with your fingers and smooth the skin from top to bottom, from the penis. Alternate longitudinal movements with transverse ones. It is important that during the massage a person does not experience discomfort and discomfort.
- Lift the penis up, and with the other hand, lightly press in turn on one testicle, and then on the other.
- Pull the scrotum skin as if squeezing the testicles out of it and massage them with neat massage movements. If during the massage you feel pain or other unpleasant sensations, it is recommended to stop the procedure in order to avoid negative consequences, for example, twisting of the testicles.
Chronic diseases of the intestine, urinary tract, genitals, as well as damage to the skin in the genital area are contraindications to the massage procedure.
Another effective way to strengthen the immune system and increase the testosterone of a man is traditional medicine. Decoctions of medicinal plants can stimulate the production of testosterone, as well as eliminate the signs of aging and male impotence and bring it back to hormonal. Some herbs can affect the increase in muscle mass, which also has a beneficial effect on the health of men.
Alternative recipes to normalize the level of testosterone in the blood of men:
- Ginger root infusion. Fresh root should be grated on a fine grater and mixed with table wine in a ratio of 1 part to 10. The resulting mass should be poured into a glass bottle and put in a dark place for 15-20 days. After exposure, the product must be filtered through cheesecloth and consumed 50 ml per day. To achieve the result as soon as possible, you can add a pinch of ground nutmeg to the tincture.
- Walnuts with honey. Grind the kernels and mix in equal parts with natural honey. Ready paste is recommended for use three times a day, one teaspoon each.
- Hypericum broth. 50 grams of fresh or 100 grams of dried herbs must be filled with 200 ml of boiling water and insisted for 4 hours. Ready broth is used orally 4 times a day, 50 ml each. St. John's wort at home is also used as an alcohol tincture and oil.
- Hop cones broth. A handful of cones must be filled with water so that they are completely covered, put on fire and bring to a boil. Cool the prepared broth, strain and drink before eating twice a day. Dosage - 100 ml.
- Garlic tincture. 1 kilogram of garlic must be peeled, rubbed on a fine grater, put in a three-liter container and pour warm water. Infuse the mixture for a month in a dark place at room temperature, stirring occasionally. Use infusion every day for one tablespoon.
- Royal jelly - It is a natural antioxidant that affects the production of male hormones. Regular use of milk helps to improve sperm quality, as well as increase muscle tone.
Use royal jelly like this:
- Put 20 mg of milk under the tongue and dissolve until completely dissolved.
- Mix 30 mg of milk with 100 g of warm, boiled milk and consume three times a day.
In both cases, the medicine is consumed 1 hour before a meal. If you can’t use a fresh product, you can buy a drug in the pharmacy called Apilak, which contains royal jelly in its composition. 2 tablets are placed under the tongue and dissolve three times a day.
Before proceeding with the preparation and use of medicines according to popular recipes, it is strongly recommended that you visit a doctor and exclude the presence of allergic reactions to certain components of the drugs.
Dietary Supplements for Men's Health
Supplements are drugs that contain in their composition natural and healthy components for human health. Their action differs from the action of hormonal drugs and is aimed at activating the human internal resources responsible for hormone production and normalizing hormonal levels. If hormonal failure is quite serious, then dietary supplements are powerless in solving the problem and a person needs more powerful treatment.
The most popular dietary supplements for men:
- Vitrix restores male power and promotes muscle growth.
- Yohimbe Orte stimulates the activity of the testicles.
- Alicaps increases the amount of sperm, improves its quality, and also stimulates the production of testosterone. This is a fairly popular tool, which is often used to improve the quality of sexual life and is used immediately before the act of love.
- Selzinc Plus beneficially and effectively affects the production of male hormones by the body.
It is worth noting that the synthesis of testosterone also stimulates sports supplements. Here are the most effective: Tribusteron 90, Brutal Anadrol Biotech, Tribulus. These drugs normalize the hormonal hormone of a man, help build muscle, increase muscle tone, and increase endurance during training.
Drugs used as sports supplements have a beneficial effect on the health of men over 40. These are safe products that help slow down the aging process and are in great physical shape and good spirits.
Get rid of bad habits
Under the influence of alcoholic beverages, testosterone is converted to estrogen. Any type of alcohol negatively affects the process of hormone production, and beer contains analogues of some female sex hormones. The exception is high-quality dry red wine, which in moderation is useful.
Exercise increases the level of male hormones.
Regular sex life
Active sex life stimulates the production of male hormones and has a beneficial effect on the whole body, this is a pleasant and effective way to increase testosterone in men. If there is no constant sexual partner, do not forget about safety, since STIs are dangerous for men's health and often become the causes of complications. It is also noted that simple communication with the beautiful half of humanity significantly increases the level of testosterone.
General recommendations for increasing testosterone in men
Remember that the main thing in solving the existing problem is an integrated approach to overcoming it. For the effect of drugs to be effective, it is necessary:
- Get enough sleep. To maintain normal life and health, a person needs at least 7-8 hours of full sleep per day.
- Proper nutrition. Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, refuse fast foods, canned food, fatty and fried foods, sweets and other food waste.
- Exercise regularly sports. Choose the optimal level of physical activity to feel easy and cheerful.
- Remember that regular sex life is the key to men's health.
- Give up bad habits.
- Control body weight and overall well-being.
- Avoid stress.
- Drink enough water and remember that it is necessary for the body to maintain vital activity, renew and rejuvenate cells.
- Have more rest, spend time in the fresh air, take vitamins, visit a bathhouse, a sauna, temper.
- Treat chronic diseases in time. Go to the doctor at the first sign of a hormonal failure and remember that it is much easier and faster to solve the problem at the initial stage of development.
It is not necessary to resort to treatment with expensive medications that have many side effects. There is a huge variety of natural ways to increase testosterone in men. A healthy lifestyle is the key to a quality and fulfilling life.
A bit about drugs
Medicines that increase testosterone in men are prescribed by specialists when the level of the hormone is below 10 nanomoles per liter:
- Testosterone injections are prescribed for disruption of the gonads. Side effects - fluid and salt retention in the body, edema, increased sex drive.
- Oral preparations (tablets).
- Testosterone patch.
Only a doctor can prescribe drugs that increase testosterone in men, since prolonged use of such drugs can provoke development complications:
- inhibition of hormone production by the body,
- the development of gynecomastia (this is a pathology in which the mammary glands swell),
- the risk of developing pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, oncological diseases of the prostate gland is growing.
Signs increased testosterone in men:
- increased body hair
- well developed muscles
- increased sex drive,
- impulsiveness, such men are very aggressive,
- on the head, unlike the body, a bald spot may appear.
The consequences of increased testosterone in men can be testicular tumors, infertility. Causes elevated hormone levels:
- prostate pathology,
- tumors in the testicles,
- pathological processes of the adrenal glands,
- taking hormone-containing drugs,
- excessive physical activity.
- Gladkova A. I. "Hormonal regulation of sexual function in men." Kharkov, 1998.
- S. Krasnova. “Hormone therapy”, 2007.
Causes of a decrease in testosterone in the body
- Age-related changes. The older the man, the smaller the amount of sex hormone produced in the body, which causes the natural extinction of sexual function. By age 60, testosterone levels are reduced by 50%,
- Bad habits
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Taking glucocorticosteroid drugs, which reduce the sensitivity of tissues to testosterone,
Doctors of the program “Live healthy!” Will talk about the reasons for the decrease in testosterone levels in men:
- A sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity,
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Wearing tight underwear, pinching the vessels of the genitals,
- Adverse environmental conditions,
- Constant stress
- The presence of chronic diseases of the internal organs.
Normally, the level of total testosterone for men 20-50 years old is 11-33 nmol / l, for men from 50 years and older - not lower than 11.The level of free testosterone for the first category ranges from 8.8-42.5 nmol / l, for the second - from 6.5 to 30.
Typical manifestations of testosterone deficiency are decreased potency, sleep disturbances, memory problems, muscle and bone pain, weight gain, frequent dizziness, hot flashes, and enlargement of the mammary glands.
To increase testosterone, you should normalize your lifestyle: properly organize your diet, exercise, sleep at least 8 hours a day. To make up for the deficiency of male sex hormone, experts recommend taking certain medications. Their dosage should be determined by the doctor.
Various means of alternative medicine also increase testosterone production. Before using decoctions and infusions from medicinal plants, you must make sure that there are no allergies to their active ingredients.
Enhancing male sex hormone with vitamins
Vitamins are an important component of the process of restoring normal levels of testosterone in a man’s blood (top vitamins for men). You should pay attention to:
- Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid is an antioxidant that inhibits the production of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone is an antagonist of testosterone. In addition, vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals that adversely affect not only the functions of the genital organs, but also the body as a whole. Ascorbic acid can be taken in tablet form. Enough of this vitamin is found in citrus fruits, Brussels sprouts, sea buckthorn, broccoli,
Vitamins to restore normal testosterone levels
- Vitamin D. It also helps boost testosterone. This vitamin is synthesized under the influence of sunlight, so it is recommended that men more often leave exposed areas of the skin under the sun. Vitamin D is rich in dairy products, eggs,
- Vitamins of group B. They are found in fish, green peas, legumes, beets, potatoes.
2. Intensive training + intermittent fasting
The combination of short intensive training and intermittent (periodic) fasting causes an increase in testosterone levels in men and prevents its decline.
However, observations of men who focus on aerobic and lengthy, but measured training, did not reveal an increase in the level of this hormone.
There are countless different variations of intense training. To get started, you can build your lesson in approximately the following way:
- A thorough workout - 3 minutes (required!).
- The most rigid and intense pace with the approach lasting 30 seconds, almost to failure.
- Recovery within 90 seconds.
- Repeat the second and third paragraphs seven times.
As you can see, this training takes only 20 minutes (moreover, rest and recovery take up 75% of the time, and intensive work takes only 4 minutes), but it gives an amazing effect.
Pay due attention to the warm-up. Explosive start is dangerous injuries. The body should be stretched, stretched, well warmed up.
This tactic is applicable to a huge number of simulators, when practicing with a barbell and dumbbells, in running and swimming.
Intermittent fasting corrects hormonal levels, contributing to the production of more testosterone and the loss of excess fat.
Unfortunately, too frequent and prolonged feelings of hunger provoke a negative effect, lowering the level of testosterone, and therefore you can add protein shake to your diet after each workout.
The combination of these techniques gives a rather pronounced effect, and as a bonus, a person gets a leaner, more muscular and toned body.
You can increase the male hormone in the blood with the help of sports. Physical activity not only stimulates the synthesis of testosterone, but also allows you to solve the problem of excess body weight, as well as increase muscle mass.
Experts emphasize that during training, the male sex hormone rises from 15 to 40%, depending on the type of exercises performed and the individual characteristics of the body.
To increase testosterone in the body through sports, you should:
- Engage in at least 40-60 minutes. Between approaches should take a break of no more than 1-2 minutes,
- Choose those exercises, the implementation of which requires the involvement of several muscle groups at once,
Candidate of Biological Sciences Vladimir Tyunin will talk about ten ways to increase testosterone:
- Prefer strength training. Exactly such exercises contribute to a powerful release of testosterone,
- Perform "multi-joint" exercises - bench presses, squats, traction.
To increase the male sex hormone, you need to engage in race walking, athletics, bodybuilding, swimming. These sports promote blood flow to the pelvic organs and stimulate blood circulation.
The most effective exercise to improve potency is deadlift. But you can try for yourself and other exercises with weights (especially squats).
3. Observe zinc
Compliance with zinc is important not only to increase, but also to maintain testosterone levels. Numerous studies show a significant increase in this hormone after six weeks, provided that a person with an initially low level of testosterone includes a sufficient amount of zinc in the diet.
The best way to meet your zinc intake is to eat right. Protein-rich foods. Meat, fish, milk, cheese, legumes, natural yogurt, kefir.
When using multivitamins or other artificial additives containing zinc, pay attention to the limit standards set by health authorities. In Europe, for adult men, this limit is 25 mg per day, and the recommended rate is 11 mg per day.
You can increase the level of testosterone in the blood with the help of a special massage. Properly performed movements stimulate blood flow in the penis and increase hormone synthesis, increase the severity of orgasm, and increase sex drive.
The essence of this technique is as follows:
- First, the testicles are heated with a warm shower or towel, which is applied directly to the area of the testes,
- The scrotum is captured with fingers on both sides, while the fingers are brought over the penis. With their help, smooth the skin of the scrotum in the direction from the penis down. Then alternately make movements with the fingers from the center to the sides,
- The penis is lifted up by the hand. The middle finger of the second hand alternately presses on the left and right testicle,
- Using the palms, the upper part of the scrotum is squeezed and make circular movements in different directions,
- The skin of the scrotum is gently pulled down, its base is wrapped around the fingers. The compressed fingers move downward, as if squeezing the ovaries to the bottom of the scrotum. After this, the testicles need to be massaged. If an unpleasant sensation occurs, the massage should be stopped: the pain indicates an incorrect exercise, which can cause the testicles to twist.
Alternative recipes are another way that allows you to solve health problems and increase the content of sex hormone in a man’s blood. Various plants and herbs stimulate the synthesis of testosterone, eliminate the manifestations of sexual aging, and generally normalize hormonal levels. Some of them (for example, fenugreek) affect muscle tissue, contributing to its increase.
The most effective recipes are the following:
- Ginger infusion on red wine. You need to take fresh ginger root, cut into small pieces, mix with red fortified wine (proportions - 1:10). Withstand the infusion for 20 days, then strain. You should drink a glass of such a tool every night. An even more pronounced effect can be achieved by adding a teaspoon of nutmeg powder for every 500 ml of liquid,
- A mixture of nuts and honey. For cooking, take peeled walnuts and natural honey in equal quantities, mix everything thoroughly. The finished mixture is recommended to be taken orally 3 times a day, 10 g each,
- Hypericum infusion. You need to take 2 tablespoons of raw material in a dry form, pour a glass of boiling water, insist for 3 hours. Finished product strain. Take 4 times a day, 50 ml,
St. John's wort is used in the form of tincture, decoction, tea or oil, which are easy to prepare at home.
- Tincture of hop cones. A tablespoon of raw material is freshly poured 200 ml of boiling water, put on fire for 10 minutes. Liquids allow to cool. You need to take it 2 times a day for 100 ml,
- Royal jelly. It is a powerful antioxidant that promotes enhanced testosterone production, improves sperm quality, and improves muscle tone. Fresh royal jelly can be used in several ways. 20 mg of the substance are placed under the tongue an hour before meals and kept until completely dissolved, or 30 mg and a half cup of warm milk are mixed. If you use the second method, then the reception must be repeated up to 5 times a day, on an empty stomach. In the absence of fresh royal jelly, you can use the Apilak tablets, which contain it in their composition. 2 tablets should be taken 3 times a day, leaving under the tongue until completely dissolved,
- Garlic-based tincture. You need to take 1 kg of garlic, peel, finely chop, place in a jar, pour 3 liters of boiled water. Put the container in a dark place for a month, shake it every day. Take daily, a teaspoon per day.
Before using any of these funds, you should consult a specialist and exclude the likelihood of developing allergic reactions.
Dietary supplements to increase testosterone
Supplements - funds that are not hormone replacement drugs. Their basis is natural, as they are made on the basis of plant components. They stimulate the independent production of testosterone. With severe hormonal deficiency, they do not have the desired effect. In this case, more powerful drugs are required.
The most popular are the following dietary supplements:
- Vitrix. The drug reduces the amount of androgens by blocking them, and normalizes potency. In addition, Vitrix helps build muscle,
- "Yohimbe Forte." The tool stimulates the work of the testicles,
- Alicaps. This is a popular supplement that increases testosterone and the amount of seminal fluid secreted. It can be used as a means of stimulation of potency immediately before sexual intercourse,
- Selzinc Plus. Stimulates testosterone synthesis.
Alikaps - a drug to increase sexual arousal and enhance erection. The price in pharmacies is 1250 rubles. for 12 capsules
- "Tribusteron 90." The active component of the drug stimulates the release of the hormone lutein, which is involved in the production of testosterone. The tool affects muscle growth, improves performance and mood,
- "Dymatize Nutrition Z-Force." The drug increases hormone levels, increases muscle mass,
- "Brutal Anadrol Biotech." It develops muscles, stimulates the natural synthesis of testosterone, improves sex drive,
- "Tribulus". The natural composition ensures safe muscle growth and testosterone production.
Additional recommendations for increasing testosterone
In order for the measures taken to be truly effective, it should:
- Normalize sleep. With insufficient rest, the body experiences stress, as a result of which much less testosterone is produced,
- Adhere to a healthy diet by including more fresh vegetables and fruits and unsaturated fats,
- To play sports, but not to overdo it: daily exercises can lead to exactly the opposite consequences,
- Have sex regularly
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking,
- Normalize body weight and constantly control it,
Proper nutrition is the key to health. The figure shows the distribution of food in the daily diet
- Avoid stressful situations
- Limit or completely abandon the consumption of sugar and fast carbohydrates: an increase in blood sugar contributes to a sharp decrease in testosterone levels,
- Consume enough fluids daily: dehydration prevents the release of testosterone, impairs the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, which negatively affects the condition of the body,
- Constantly strengthen the immune system: take vitamin complexes, temper, more likely to be on a fresh vacation, prefer active rest,
- Timely treat any diseases of internal organs and systems, prevent their transition to a chronic form,
- At the first manifestations of disorders in the functioning of the organs of the genitourinary system or hormonal fluctuations, consult a specialist - urologist and andrologist.
You can increase testosterone not only with drugs: there are a sufficient number of methods that allow you to do this in a natural way. Correction of the diet, sports, testicular massage, taking medications based on herbs and plants - all this will help the man to return to normal indicators of sex hormones.
The easiest way to increase testosterone in a man at home is to give up alcohol. Everyone heard the expression "beer belly" and saw its owners. The fact is that beer contains an analogue of estrogen. Its consumption is detrimental to the production of male sex hormones. The so-called "male" strong alcoholic drinks affect the body no better. Any alcohol promotes the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. The only exception is dry red wine.
You can also increase testosterone in men in natural ways by changing your lifestyle for the better. Observe sleep and wakefulness, sleep enough hours. Sleep is essential for the body to produce many hormones, including testosterone.
Spend time in the sun and fresh air. Taking sunbathing causes the production of vitamin D in the body, which is necessary for the absorption of calcium and plays an important role in the synthesis of male sex hormone. Outdoor activities help the nervous system deal with stress.
Stress extremely negatively affects men's health. Nervous stress triggers the synthesis of cortisol, an antagonist of male sex hormones. Simply put, the body focuses on survival, and it is not up to reproduction.
It doesn’t matter that situations that cause stress in a modern person rarely threaten their life directly. The brain responds to a jump in adrenaline in the blood, and triggers defense mechanisms.
These methods not only increase testosterone, but also beneficially affect the body as a whole.
Drugs to increase testosterone in men
Since it is not always possible to increase testosterone with folk remedies, hormone replacement therapy exists. It is prescribed by the doctor based on the results of the tests.
Do not self-medicate. All drugs have side effects, and testosterone pharmacy products for men are no exception.
Excessively increased testosterone in men is also extremely undesirable, therefore, during treatment it is necessary to regularly donate blood for analysis.
Drugs that increase testosterone in men are sold in different types in the pharmacy.
- Injection Testosterone esters are used to make injection solutions. The esters have different half-lives, which is why drugs for increasing testosterone in men have different durations of action. Consider this when calculating the cost of a full course. All drugs are administered intramuscularly. At the moment, over-the-counter sales of almost all injectable solutions are prohibited in Russia. Here are some drugs:
- Testosterone propionate. Sold in ampoules - 10 pcs. 1 ml each. One ampoule contains 10 mg. active substance. Dosage and frequency of injections are calculated individually, usually 10-25 mg. every 1-2 days.
- Omnadren 250. Release form - 5 ampoules of 1 ml. 1 ml is usually prescribed. 1 time in 28 days.
- Sustanon 250. 1 ampoule per pack (1 ml.). Typically, the dose is 1 ml. 1 time in 3 weeks.
- Nebido. In the package 1 ampoule of 4 ml. Injections are made once every 10-14 weeks.
- Tablets. Testosterone tablets for men show a weak androgen. When absorbed from the digestive tract, the active substances are destroyed by liver enzymes. Therefore, to create such a drug, it was necessary to create a molecule that would be easily absorbed through the intestine and not destroyed in the liver.
- Methyltestosterone. Available in tablets of 0.005 and 0.01 g in a package of 10 pieces. One and the first oral androgen. Not very popular due to side effects for the liver.
- Andriol. Available in capsules of 30 pcs. in a bottle. It is absorbed into the lymph, bypassing the liver. It does not undergo aromatization, therefore, but causes gynecomastia and fluid accumulation in the body.
- Gels. There are testosterone preparations for men that allow for therapy without injections. Gels provide a smoother flow of testosterone into the blood. Most popular Androgel and its analogues. The gel contains male sex hormone, is available in the form of disposable packages of 5 g, 30 packets per box. It is applied to the skin of the shoulders, shoulders and / or abdomen.
- Patches. Also available in the form of a patch. When using a transdermal patch, a smooth increase in the substance in the blood is achieved during the day. There are scrotal and cutaneous patches. Androderm patch contains 2.5 mg. substances, there are boxes of 30 and 60 pcs. Wear a patch for a day.
Do not think that gels and patches do not have the same side effects as injections or testosterone tablets, for men, all medicines carry a certain danger.
Low Testosterone - Quiet Killer
In men over 30 years of age, the natural secretion of the hormone begins to decline, and after this, fat appears on the abdomen, muscles leave and health deteriorates.
Low hormones are dangerous:
- Metabolic disorders - diabetes, obesity and heart disease,
- Deterioration of cognitive performance - memory impairment, mild cognitive impairment and the risk of developing disorders such as Alzheimer's
- Increased risk of obesity and muscle loss,
- Significantly higher risk of early death.
4. Strength training
In addition to intensive training, there is another type of training that significantly stimulates the production of testosterone - strength training. Provided that you are doing strength training with the proper intensity, your testosterone level will increase.
The key principle of strength training: less reps, more weight, more basic exercises. Such training requires appropriate preparation and practice, so do not rush to go to bed under a 100 kilogram barbell.
Another option that allows you to get the desired effect with less weight is to slow down the negative phase of the exercise or slow down the implementation of the entire exercise, that is, the negative and positive phases.
In men, testosterone is synthesized in the gonads - testicles (testicles), as well as in the adrenal cortex. The chemical structure of the substance belongs to the class of steroids. Also, the pituitary and hypothalamus are involved in the process of hormone synthesis, which secrete enzymes that command the endocrine system to start hormone synthesis.
For the most part, testosterone in the body is bound to various proteins. Free testosterone accounts for approximately 2% of the total hormone. Testosterone in young men aged 18-20 years reaches maximum concentration.Then the hormone level begins to decline. From about 35 years old, testosterone levels fall by 1-2% per year. Reducing the amount of hormone in the blood in men with age is a natural process. However, a situation often occurs when a low level of the hormone occurs in young and middle-aged men. This situation, of course, is not normal and requires treatment.
The norm of testosterone in the blood in men for different ages
|Age years||norm, nmol / l|
5. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is also thought to affect testosterone levels. When taking supplements containing vitamin D, an increase in testosterone levels in overweight men was observed.
... problems with getting vitamin from sunlight can be experienced by dark-skinned, obese and elderly people, as well as people who cover their limbs with clothes. To ensure a normal dose of vitamin A, it is necessary to be with limbs open to the sun in the midday sun (from 10 am to 3 pm) at least twice a week. For people with fair skin, a 5-minute sunbath is enough ...
As you can see, overweight is also a problem here. Another reason to think.
The daily intake of vitamin D for adults is 600 ME.
Why is testosterone level falling?
By the age of 45, about 40% of men suffer from age-related hypogonadism, the so-called male menopause. And this is mainly due to low testosterone.
The production of this hormone is tightly controlled by two parts of the brain - the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland.
When its level in the body is lower than necessary, the hypothalamus sends a signal to the pituitary that it is necessary to increase the production of luteinizing hormone (LH, lutropin).
For this, the pituitary gland uses its own gonadotropin-releasing hormone. Almost a chemical blow to the brain.
The pituitary gland responds with a large amount of produced LH and sends it to the testes. More LH = more testosterone.
The interaction system of these three parts of the body is very sensitive. And if all its components work in unison, the hormonal background is in excellent condition.
If a failure occurs in one of the links of the hypothalamus chain - the pituitary - testicles, then the level of hormones falls below the optimal level.
A low level of male hormone can be associated with a lack of signals sent by the hypothalamus, problems with the release of LH, or directly with insufficient activity of the testicles.
But even worse ...
With age, in addition to the risk of lowering testosterone production, even the amount that still enters the bloodstream often becomes a victim of a protein called sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).
This protein travels through the bloodstream in search of excess free testosterone to bind it - it turns off the hormone from the metabolism.
But gradually, SHBG is becoming more active. And this is just a disaster.
What is man need testosterone for?
Testosterone is responsible for the formation of the male body type. This process begins in infancy, continues in childhood and adolescence, and ends in adulthood. However, the role of testosterone is not only in the formation of reproductive organs and external sexual characteristics. Testosterone plays a significant role in metabolism, in maintaining human health. With his participation, the spermatogenesis process is carried out. Testosterone is responsible for the formation of the muscular and skeletal system, for the regulation of body weight. Testosterone is also responsible for many mental processes. For example, testosterone levels the effects of the stress hormone cortisol. Thanks to the effects of the hormone, a man feels the joy of life and optimism.
What are natural supplements that increase testosterone production?
Natural supplements are created for those who want changes: to be more energetic, have a slimmer physique, high self-esteem and compete in bed with top pornstars.
Natural preparations for those who do not want to allow hormones to decide their fate. They do not have the side effects characteristic of steroids. On the contrary, they increase hormone levels naturally.
Created on the basis of completely natural ingredients, they do not increase its level directly, as synthetic steroids do.
Instead, they give an extra boost to the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and testicles to produce their own hormones. This method is more efficient and safer. There are no side effects and risks. Solid pluses.
Testosterone boosters work in three different directions:
- Directly stimulate the testicles to produce more hormone,
- Reduce the activity of SHBG,
- Helps increase LH production.
Best Natural Supplements to Increase Testosterone Production
There is an old saying: "All that you need can be obtained from nature."
The best nutrients that trigger the production of testosterone can be found in nature - vitamins and minerals that are not necessarily found in food, but which can be isolated and used in the form of natural supplements, to improve health and increase your performance.
So, here is a list of the best natural supplements for testosterone:
D-Aspartic Acid (D-Aspartic acid or DAA)
DAA is one of the most effective nutrients in terms of gaining courageous muscles tearing a shirt to shreds.
This is an amino acid that helps both increase strength and muscle size, and increases the production of testosterone and growth hormone. D-aspartic acid is a nutrient for stimulating anabolic hormones.
DAA supplementation showed a 60% increase in testosterone over 90 days. Thanks to them, the content of lutropin and the number of seminal cells also increase.
So during love pleasures, not only the level of testosterone increases, but also the amount of sperm during orgasm - a one hundred percent way to impress a partner.
Also known as the “sunshine vitamin”, D3 comes into the body primarily from sunlight. But for those who do not live in a sunny climate, this source alone will not be enough.
This vitamin can also be obtained from food, but it is synthesized from it poorly and you will have to eat a whole ton of oily fish to get the amount necessary for hormones.
Almost every nutritionist recommends using D3 supplements. Not only because it helps reduce the risk of developing heart disease and metabolism, promotes muscle growth and reduces pain after training, but also because it significantly increases hormone levels.
Oyster Extract and Zinc
Perhaps, among the products that increase libido, the most popular are oysters. They are so effective in this matter that they are firmly rooted in sexual folklore.
But what is their secret? They are 78% zinc, which is why.
Studies have shown that supplements with zinc increase physical strength, performance and the level of sex hormone in both professional athletes and ordinary people.
The problem is that oysters are far from the most affordable food. In addition, not everyone likes the process of eating them.
Oyster extract is a great way to get all the benefits of these shellfish without taste and without hassle. A great alternative for those who do not like this salty taste of seafood, as well as for vegetarians, are dietary supplements with zinc.
This important mineral is often used for recovery and relaxation. Its long-term use increases mood and motivation, regulates the level of insulin in the blood and helps muscles recover after strength training.
Even a 4-week course of taking natural dietary supplements with magnesium significantly increases the level of testosterone in the body. It regulates all steroid hormones and gives them the necessary stimulus in order to restore their level.
9 ways to quickly and safely raise your testosterone level
Almost from the very beginnings of bodybuilding, testosterone is known as the most important factor, especially in bringing the body to the shape of a dream.
In fact, it is for this reason that steroids exist. However, they are known for their unpleasant side effects, including liver damage and gynecomastia (an increase in the mammary glands in men).
The good news is that there are natural ways to increase testosterone levels easily and safely.
So what needs to be done to achieve this? Well, we know the answer to this question.
1. Strength training
With a high degree of probability, many of our readers are already engaged in weights in the hall. However, it is worth checking your load volume and, in which case, heading for strength training.
Why do this? Because studies have shown that endurance training reduces testosterone production.
But do not be upset, since it is also proven that strength training for mass gain contributes to the increased production of growth hormone and testosterone in the body. Not bad, is it?
2. Reduce sugar intake
Let us turn for a second to the heroes and villains. If Batman were testosterone, then monosaccharides (simple sugar) would be a Joker.
What are simple sugars? Answer: these are sugars, which are found in abundance in sweet soda, sweets, cakes and other not super-healthy, but tasty products.
They contain many "empty" calories, with which they gladly fill the diet without contributing any nutritional value (for example, vitamins and minerals). As a rule, simple sugars significantly increase the likelihood of exceeding the daily amount of calories and increasing fat reserves in the body.
But this is not the worst: studies have shown that the consumption of large amounts of sugar directly causes a decrease in the release of male hormone.
3. Eat More Healthy Fats
In the past, fats had a very poor reputation in society, but over time, people became wiser and now the attitude to fats is completely different.
Simply put, monounsaturated and saturated fats have already proven effective in boosting testosterone production in the body.
Therefore, instead of avoiding fats, you should include a few nuts, olive oil, avocados and coconut oil in your diet.
But let's forget about common sense - eating fried chicken and french fries daily will not do any good. You need to choose good fats, not cheap and harmful ones.
4. Sleep for 7-8 hours
This is a very important aspect, in a century when the majority comes to work in the first place (everyone is in the pursuit of money), first of all, sleep time is reduced. Some even boast that they sleep little or hardly sleep at night.
However, if the goal is to raise your testosterone level, then you just need to start to go to bed early and sleep longer.
Why not do without it? Studies show that 7-8 hours of sleep is the optimal amount for a natural increase in testosterone levels. The same study recorded that in men who slept less than 5 hours, its level was lowered. What, the idea of watching TV shows until the morning does not seem so good?
6. Minimize stress
With severe prolonged stress, the body produces cortisol, which actually blocks the effect of testosterone. This is how our body works, and there's nothing to be done about it.
In the modern world of permanent depression and chronic stress (and consequently, with constantly increased cortisol), the effect of testosterone is blocked too often and there is a lot that we absolutely do not want.
Photo Credit: U.S.Army Korea (Historical Image Archive) via Compfight cc
On Lifehacker, you will find many articles on effective methods of overcoming stress and combating depression. Perhaps meditation or yoga will help you.
6. Lose weight
A high percentage of body fat can cause blockage of blood vessels, high cholesterol and other metabolic tricks that can disrupt the normal hormonal background in the body and reduce testosterone production.
In this light, the conclusion that losing weight is a great way to raise your testosterone level suggests itself.
Fortunately, if you use the very first tip from this article and train with heavy weights, the fat on the body will literally melt.
In addition to all of the above, training with weights is also characterized by excessive oxygen consumption after training, the so-called oxygen debt or the effect of EPOC (English excess postexercise oxygen consumption). In short, the body will continue to burn calories even after the load is completed. So we clean the diet and go, towards testosterone!
7. The hunt
And now, before vegetarians, vegans, animal advocates, and other activists get enraged, let's take a deep breath and calm down for a minute.
Not every hunt is good. The shooting of endangered species is certainly a vile affair and deserves to be condemned; at the same time, some species of commercial animals breed like crazy and control of their population is already necessary.
They eat almost everything they see, deer, for example, eat bird eggs and other small animals. So, before crying over Bambi, remember that he, too, is not sinless.
But back to the discussion of increasing testosterone levels. In 2013, an interesting study was conducted among the indigenous peoples of Bolivia living in the Amazon forests. It was found that every time after a successful hunt, they have a sharp increase in the level of testosterone and cortisol.
7. Limit or completely eliminate sugar from the diet.
With an increase in blood sugar, testosterone begins to decline. There is speculation that insulin lowers testosterone levels. In any case, the abuse of sweets leads to obesity, so this advice is one way or another useful.
According to research, an average US person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar per day. That is, for life he will eat 2 tons of sugar.
Fast carbohydrates are not just found in sugary foods. Pasta, bakery products (pizza too, yes) - all this should be consumed very carefully.
8. Eat Healthy Fats
“Healthy” refers not only to polyunsaturated fats. The fact is that our body also requires a certain amount of saturated fat, since they are involved in the synthesis of testosterone. A nutrition plan in which fat (mainly animal origin) accounts for less than 40% of the energy derived from food, in the case of men, leads to a decrease in testosterone levels.
Photo Credit: Another Pint Please ... via Compfight cc
It is important to understand that our body needs saturated fats from plant and animal sources.
In addition to the protein shakes mentioned in the second paragraph as part of intermittent fasting, an increase in the amount of BCAA amino acids obtained will be useful for a man with active sports. These essential amino acids can be found in common foods (for example, there is a lot of leucine in cheese), as well as in special additives.
Do not negatively relate to sports nutrition. In fact, high-quality additives are almost pure product, without impurities and any nasty things.
With sufficient intake of the body, amino acids contribute to the creation of the right anabolic environment. This is exactly what we need.
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
In men with low testosterone, there are a number of signs that are often not associated by them with this cause. It:
- depression, loss of interest in the outside world,
- decreased libido or impotence,
- feminization - body hair loss, gynecomastia,
- decrease in muscle mass
- memory impairment, distraction.
Reasons for Testosterone Decrease
Hormone levels can decrease for various reasons.But, as a rule, they are divided into primary, caused by diseases of the organs of the endocrine system, and secondary, caused by external factors and factors related to the person’s lifestyle.
What factors can lead to a decrease in hormone levels? It:
- sedentary lifestyle,
- excess weight,
- unbalanced sex life,
- bad habits,
- lack of sleep,
- drug treatment
- exposure to harmful substances from the environment.
It is well known that movement is life. This rule is true for all people, but especially for men. Nature arranged the male body so that it was convenient for him to constantly engage in various physical exercises. Previously, men were engaged in hunting, farming, cattle breeding and fought. All these exercises required great stamina and physical activity, which were maintained at the proper level due to the high level of testosterone. Now, most men are engaged in sedentary work, which does not require a high level of hormone.
Of course, there is no need to return to the habits of the ancestors in order to increase the level of the hormone, however, it is useful to remember that in order to maintain an optimal male form, you need to regularly exercise. It has long been established that intense exercise contributes to the production of testosterone in the blood in men. This is a natural reaction of the body, since without this hormone muscle growth is impossible.
Not all of the foods we consume help maintain a sufficient level of testosterone. Food should contain the necessary amount of trace elements, vitamins, proteins, fats and carbohydrates, both from animals and from vegetable sources. Both overeating and inadequate, irregular nutrition lead to the fact that testosterone is reduced.
Extra pounds in a man is not just a defect in appearance, spoiling the typical look of a cool macho man. In fact, adipose tissue cells are factories producing a testosterone antagonist, estrogen. In addition, in body fat, testosterone can also be destroyed and converted to estrogen.
A popular stereotype associates masculinity with a tendency to consume large amounts of alcoholic beverages. And completely in vain. It has been established that alcohol negatively affects the centers of the brain responsible for the processes of the formation of male hormone, as a result of which the body starts the opposite process - the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
Surely, beer lovers here can smile condescendingly - because their favorite drink contains relatively little alcohol, and for this reason, it would seem, should not seriously affect the level of testosterone. But this is completely wrong. Beer contains a large amount of plant estrogen. Thus, beer is an even greater enemy of male hormone than strong drinks.
During stresses, the body produces a special hormone called cortisol. This hormone does not directly affect the amount of testosterone. However, cortisol is able to block testosterone receptors, so that testosterone becomes useless. Thus, men who are prone to stress have the same symptoms as men with a lack of testosterone.
8. Limit beer
It is recommended to limit the use of alcoholic beverages, because they negatively affect the centers of the brain responsible for the formation of the male hormone, as a result of which the body starts the opposite process - the conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
Beer contains a large amount of plant estrogen. Thus, beer is an even greater enemy of male hormone than strong drinks.
Testosterone is often reduced under the influence of medications. These include carbomazepine, veroshpiron, tetracycline, magnesium sulfate, glucocorticosteroids. As a rule, a decrease occurs only with prolonged use of drugs, and after stopping their intake, the hormone level returns to normal.
9. Surround yourself with sexy women
Here, of course, something depends on heredity. Since, if nature was not very generous, the task may not be easy. Of course, for the lucky ones with the DNA of the Fair Prince, this is not a question at all, but are there many of them in life?
So, we are talking about the need to surround yourself with sexy women. Why is this? Well, in addition to the fact that a beautiful female body pleases the eye, its contemplation at the same time and increases the production of testosterone.
This is what scientists are telling us. Yeah, who would not want to be in the role of their experimental subject for such studies?
But even if your wife or passion is incredibly sexy, calming down isn't the best idea. This is not a well-known truth, but loyal love relationships can lower testosterone levels by 21%!
So try on the role of an alpha male, and leave the romance to the frail beta.
Modern civilization poisons our body with many chemicals, which negatively affect the level of testosterone. Especially a lot of such substances in the exhaust gases of cars. Studies show that gas station workers have low levels of the hormone. But household products are also not without harmful substances for the male hormone. In particular, these include bisphenols contained in many personal care products and detergents - shampoos, lotions, liquid soaps, etc., as well as in plastic dishes.
Men who exercise regularly tend to have no problems with testosterone. Most of all, exercises aimed at the development of various muscle groups of the body, for example, on weight training equipment, are suitable for this purpose. Classes should be quite intense, but not particularly long. The main thing here is not to overdo it, because otherwise the body will perceive classes as stress, and cortisol will be produced. To increase testosterone production, it is enough to do about an hour a day, and not every day, but 2-3 times a week.
Photo: ESB Professional / Shutterstock.com
To increase testosterone, you should streamline your diet, do not overeat, eat 3-4 times a day and no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
Maintaining a reasonable balance between proteins, carbohydrates and fats is what increases hormone levels. In addition, there are certain substances that directly stimulate the production of testosterone by the body.
Most testosterone is produced in the body from cholesterol. Therefore, the diet should include products containing it in large quantities:
Of course, a measure should be observed here, since food rich in "bad" cholesterol can lead to problems with the cardiovascular system.
Zinc will help increase the level of the hormone in the body. This trace element is directly related to the production of testosterone. A lot of it in seafood, fish, nuts, seeds - sunflower and pumpkin, cheeses, some vegetables.
Testosterone Booster Complex
As mentioned earlier, a strength training program can trigger an increase in testosterone levels.
For beginners: The following is a training option for quickly starting testosterone growth. And those who came to strength training with weights primarily for a specific purpose, with this complex are most likely to achieve noticeable results.
It consists of complex lifts - it is widely known that it is these exercises that make the body secrete more testosterone.Complex lifts with large weights will literally pump your body into it! Forget about the usual 6-day split as a nightmare.
Make sure you give yourself enough rest between sets. Since, if the exercises are not performed at full strength, the production of testosterone will not come to the optimal state.
Here is the complex itself:
- Bench press - 3 circles of 5-6 repetitions,
- Push rod - 3-6 laps of 5 repetitions,
- Squat - 3 circles of 5-6 repetitions,
- Army bench press - 3 circles of 5-6 repetitions,
- Deadlift - 3 laps of 5-6 repetitions.
Other nutrition tips
What else can increase the level of the hormone? It is also recommended to include foods containing selenium, vitamins C and B, the essential amino acid arginine (meat, eggs, peas, sesame, almonds, cottage cheese, peanuts, milk), as well as cruciferous plants - cabbage, broccoli, etc. . Plain water also plays a significant role. It is necessary to drink plenty of clean water (at least 2 liters per day).
In addition to alcohol, coffee consumption should be reduced. As established, a single cup of coffee contributes to the burning of male hormone in the body. True, this effect does not last long, but regular consumption of coffee can lead to the fact that the level of testerone will significantly decrease.
Another product harmful to maintaining a high level of the hormone is soy. Studies show that soy contains many plant estrogens.
Exposure to harmful chemicals
To increase testosterone should also minimize the effect on the body of harmful substances contained in urban air. For this, more time should be spent outside the city, in nature. When traveling by car and standing in traffic jams, completely close the windows. It is also recommended to abandon the use of household personal care products containing bisphenol - lotions, shampoos, etc. For washing, you can use ordinary toilet soap. Even toothpastes contain bisphenol, so a minimal amount of toothpaste should be taken for brushing your teeth — no more than a pea.
To increase testosterone, you need to sleep a lot, because a full sleep affects the level of the hormone in the body. It is recommended to sleep at least 7 hours a day, and preferably 8-9 hours. It is important to consider that sleep should be deep and not superficial.
Testosterone boosting drugs
However, natural methods require a lot of effort and time. If you do not know how to quickly increase the level of the hormone, then you can resort to the help of drugs. Now in pharmacies you can buy a lot of drugs to increase testosterone. These are dietary supplements and hormonal drugs that should be taken as directed by a doctor. Testosterone drugs in a pharmacy are usually sold by prescription.
The main drugs designed to increase the level of the hormone:
- testosterone propionate (injection),
- testosterone undecanoate (tablets),
- hormone stimulants (Cyclo-Bolan, Parity, Vitrix, Animal Test).
Do not confuse pills to increase testosterone levels and potency enhancers. The former do not directly affect potency, although they can indirectly have a positive effect on it. The principle of action of the second, as a rule, is not associated with an increase in the level of male hormone.