Walnut is a popular plant product in the diet of every family. Our ancestors also consumed nuts, getting the necessary nutrients, elements. Now only the lazy one does not know about the benefits of walnuts: the product is an important component of world cuisine, valuable for its high taste. The shell, partitions, branches, bark and leaves of the tree are used in folk medicine.
Let's talk about the benefits, possible harm, the rules of use, contraindications of walnuts.
Walnut Plant Description
The tree belongs to the Nut family, reaches a height of up to 25 m, the diameter of the crown - up to 20 m. Plants grown from seed bear fruit from 10-12 years of life. Trees grown from seedlings (root shoots) begin to bear fruit already from 2 years. From year 30 begins the full fruiting of the tree. They live up to 400 years.
It blooms in May, the fruits ripen by September-October. Walnut (tree fruit) refers to drupes, covered with a thick leathery-fibrous peel of green color (pericarp) and a strong ovoid bone (shell) with 2-5 septa. The peel of the fetus dries when it comes of maturity, bursts into 2 parts, breaks up, and separates. The bone does not spontaneously open, inside there is an edible core. The weight of the nut is 5–17 g., The kernel is 40–58%.
- The largest supplier of walnuts in the world is the USA.
- In Russia, in addition to local nuts, fruits are sold from Chile, China, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- The most valuable nuts are considered growing in France.
- The most delicious varieties are "Homeland", "Gissar", "Uzbek early-born", "Ideal".
The origin and history of the nut
There is no consensus among scientists about where walnut originally spread. But, it is known for certain that nuts were an important part of the menu of people even in primitive times, as evidenced by excavations. The Old Testament often mentions walnuts, and the Romans recognized it as a special festive wedding dish.
It is believed that initially walnut grew on the lands of modern Iran. Others argue that nuts began to grow in the east - in India, Japan, and maybe in China.
This type of walnut gained popularity in ancient Greece, which affected its frequent mention in folklore. It is believed that it was the Greeks who brought the tree to other European countries. When the Black Sea coast was populated, the nut fell into the territory of the modern Krasnodar Territory and the Crimea, so in Russian the tree was called walnut, that is, Greek walnut.
The chemical composition of walnut kernels different at different stages of fruit ripening. But this is manifested only in the amount of fats, proteins and carbohydrates, as well as some vitamins contained in them, while the rest of the substances are preserved throughout the entire maturation cycle.
These nuts include vitamins E, K, PP, group B and provitamin A. They contain many amino acids: glutamine, asparagine, valine, histidine, serine, cystine and phenylalanine. In addition, they include minerals and trace elementslike iodine, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and cobalt. The concentration of vitamin C in ripe kernels is very low, but it is found in large quantities in unripe fruits.
The chemical composition of walnuts
- Quinones (α-hydro-hydroglon, β-hydro-hydroglon, juglon),
- Flavonoids (3-arabinoside quercetin, hyperoside, 3-arabinoside kempferol),
- Vitamin C (4-5%), group B,
- Carotenoids, including β-carotene (12 mg / 100 g.),
- Ellagic, galic, caffeic acids,
- Tannins (3-4%),
- Essential oil (up to 0.03%).
Green pericarp contains:
- Vitamin C (up to 3%),
- α- and β-hydrogulcons,
The kernel of the nut contains:
- Complete vegetable protein (up to 21%),
- Carbohydrates (up to 7%),
- Provitamin a
- Vitamins A, E, groups B, C (up to 10% in unripe fruits), K, P,
- Amino acids (arginine, asparagine, glutamine, cystine, serine, valine, histidine, phenylalanine),
- Fatty oil (up to 60-76%) - from glycerides of oleic, linoleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids (unsaturated fatty acids (up to 76%). Contains vitamins A, E, C, trace elements,
- Micro and macrocells: iodine, zinc, copper, magnesium, iron, calcium, cobalt, potassium, phosphorus.
Walnut partitions are also useful and rich:
- alkaloid compounds (in small doses, positively affect brain activity),
- amino acids: serine, cystine, asparagine, glutamine, histidine,
- mineral elements: iodine, potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese and boron,
- vitamins: groups B, D, retinol, tocopherol, ascorbic acid.
Traditional healers talk about the benefits of green walnuts collected before June 23: in unripe fruits - the highest concentration of nutrients.
High-calorie product: up to 8500 kcal per 1 kilogram of kernels.
Habitat and country
Walnut grows as a stand-alone tree, or in a small group, where there are only a few trees in the hazel. Walnut groves are rare.
It grows in gorges and on mountain slopes, near rivers. Nuts are grown in places with a warm climate, as the trees do not tolerate frost below twenty degrees. In Russia, this is the Krasnodar and Stavropol Territories, Rostov Region, Kabardino-Balkaria. In the Krasnodar Territory, especially on the Black Sea coast, walnut grows in the wild, as in the Caucasus, Transcaucasia and Central Asia.
Abroad grown in Iran, India, China, Greece, Ukraine, in the Balkan countries. In Western Europe, walnuts are not cultivated, however, hazels are found in the wild.
In the Russian north, lovers also grow some cold-resistant varieties of walnut, but most often these trees do not grow into full-grown mature trees.
Useful and healing properties for health
- Protect your body from radiation 4-5 walnuts can be consumed daily.
- They are useful for vitamin deficiency.
- Walnut supplies the body with cobalt and iron salts.
- The substances that make up the nuclei significantly reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome.
- Experts claim that walnut is invaluable to cores; it improves the cardiovascular system, increases blood pressure and prevents the formation of blood clots. In addition, potassium contained in the nuclei has a beneficial effect on the rhythm of the heart and blood flow.
- Nuts are good for bones because they contain calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
- Walnuts - an indispensable product in the vegetarian menu: they contain more protein than any meat.
- For men walnut is useful in combination with honey or dried fruit. This mixture has a beneficial effect on potency. In addition, regular use of nuts with goat milk will significantly reduce the risk of prostatitis or adenoma.
- For women walnut is also very useful. For example, in the treatment of mastopathy and uterine fibroids, a walnut partition will help. It is best to prepare a tincture of partitions on alcohol. This tool has a positive effect on diarrhea.
- Partition infusion positively affects the hormonal background, strengthens the immune system.
- The walnut leaf should be given attention to diabetics. Tincture on a leaf lowers blood sugar. It will be useful to add walnut membranes during the preparation of the tincture, this will enhance the effect of the drug.
- For children walnut leaves are also useful. With scrofulous and rickety diseases, it is useful to bathe the kids in a decoction of leaves.
- For the treatment of skin diseases, namely dermatitis, herpes, ringworm, use the peel of a green walnut.
- Walnut shell useful for hypertensionbecause it contains substances that reduce pressure. In addition, it will help get rid of insomnia.
- Greek nut oil strengthens the body, gives the person vitality, is an ideal remedy for wounds, burns and inflammation.
- It is also widely used in cosmetology to give the skin elasticity, preserve its youth and freshness.
- Walnuts have beneficial effects on brain function.improve memory function.
- They are good antioxidants.
The benefits of walnut
- Stimulates the neurochemical processes of the brain.
- Prevents the formation of cancer cells.
- Normalizes metabolism.
- Prevents disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, the occurrence of diarrhea.
- It normalizes the work of the heart, strengthens the walls of the vessels of the brain.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels.
- Strengthens the immune system. Recommended for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Promotes the elimination of toxic substances.
- Walnut leaves are a good antiseptic, anti-inflammatory for wounds.
- The benefits of walnut oil are a natural source of unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants.
The benefits of walnuts for women (treatment of hormonal disorders, improving libido) and men (treatment of impotence) have been proven, so the product can be called a natural aphrodisiac.
Indications for use
Walnut is a restorative remedy for colds, viral diseases. It has a restorative effect on a weakened immune system and is used in the treatment of many diseases.
- Thyroid disease
- Iodine deficiency
- Inflammatory processes
- Pain syndrome,
- Decreased brain activity,
- Iron-deficiency anemia,
- High acidity of gastric juice,
- Impaired intestinal motility
- Recovery period after diseases, operations,
- Overexertion of the organs of vision,
- Impaired memory
- Mental overload,
- Chronic fatigue.
Well-known American doctor D. Gale recommends eating 4 to 5 walnuts daily to protect against radiation exposure. A study by American scientists led by D. Vinson proved that walnuts contain many times more antioxidants than all other nuts. Moreover, the biological activity of antioxidants is higher than in other types of nuts.
Calories per 100 grams of dry peeled kernels is 654 kcal. A nutritious and fat-rich nut appears to be very high in calories. Sometimes most of the composition of its nucleolus may consist of fats (up to 77%). But even such an impressive indicator should not scare you, because for the most part these fats are unsaturated, so they practically do not raise cholesterol.
Tasty and satisfying walnut kernels perfectly satisfy the feeling of hunger, which is why nutritionists recommend eating them in a small amount (2-3 pcs.) After training in the gym and heavy physical exertion. Since with their help, the body will quickly restore strength and replenish the balance of vitamins and minerals necessary for its normal functioning. After eating nucleoli, a burst of energy is felt, a sense of peace, tranquility and harmony, both with oneself and with the surrounding world. Which is very important for athletes, because as a result of exhausting trainings and competitions, a tired person can be very angry and irritable.
Walnut also helps to increase muscle masss, relieves fatigue and stress. Walnut is also useful for the category of people who have problems with the thyroid gland. Walnut kernels contain a lot of iodine, which will restore its balance in the body and help the thyroid gland function normally.
Often walnuts recommend use to those people who have long been or have lived in the radioactive zone.
How to choose and how to store walnuts
In any market, there are departments with dried fruits, the picture of which instantly excites appetite. Beautiful peeled halves in huge canvas bags. Yummy!
It is highly recommended that you buy peeled nuts, unless from a trusted farmer and then just eat a meal. Under the beautiful-looking cores can be hidden:
- last year's moldy but water-washed nuts (fungus cannot be destroyed with plain water),
- a product that could have been stored improperly, for example, in leaky, dirty warehouses inhabited by rodents.
Being in the shell, the fruits are protected from bacteria and microorganisms. When the nuclei lie on the counter / in the bag day after day, they are seeded with pathogenic microflora, insects crawl along them, etc.
It is strictly forbidden to buy ground nuts - the shelf life of such a product is extremely short, and the contents are most often the bad and last year's kernels.
Walnut Tree: Botanical Description of the Plant
The walnut tree is a long-lived, in the wild it can live a thousand years or more, and half of this period can exist in the garden.
This is a tall tree that can grow up to thirty meters or more. The tree has a dense crown and an impressive root system, which grows to twenty meters in a circle. The leaves of the nut are smooth, elongated, in length, on average, five to six centimeters, have a pungent odor. The tree blooms with small green heterosexual inflorescences: female individual flowers, male are formed into earrings. Flowering occurs in late April or early May, and lasts a little over two weeks.
The nut begins to bear fruit, on average, in the tenth year of life, and full-fledged crops begin only after half a century. So, from a ten-year-old tree, you can collect five kilograms of the crop, and from a fifty-year-old tree, two hundred and fifty.
The benefits of nuts for the body are very great. This must be remembered when making a permanent diet for pregnant women. Walnut will not only become a delicious treat for the expectant mother, but will also bring great benefits to her body, as well as the body of the fetus. Consider the main qualities of a nut, due to which it is worth eating during pregnancy.
- Walnut, due to its antispasmodic effect, relieves headaches. Since many painkillers are contraindicated for pregnant women, the nut in this case will be just a godsend.
- Two or three peanuts can satisfy the expectant mother’s hunger if you are hungry, but time has not come yet.
- A common problem in expectant mothers is reduced hemoglobin. But even this will help you walnut. Simply mix the crushed kernels with honey and grated lemon peel and take this mixture inside.
- A walnut contains a large amount of iodine, due to which it will protect a pregnant woman from diseases of the thyroid gland.
- The substances contained in these nuts have a diuretic effect, which will not allow the delay of excess fluid in the body of the expectant mother.
- The immunostimulating and bracing properties of walnuts are also very important for a woman during pregnancy.
Of course, the benefits of walnuts for pregnant women are undeniable, but it is important to know about some warnings for its use, which we will discuss later.
Physical properties and odor
Ripening occurs in late August or early September. The size of the fruit varies depending on the region and type of tree. On average, nuts weigh 10 grams each.
The fruit is surrounded by a fleshy membrane, which, when fully ripened, opens and exposes the nut, with an edible kernel. The shell has a thickness of about a centimeter, although there are varieties with a thicker shell.
The fruits of a walnut, before opening, like foliage, have a specific smell, nuts do not already have it and have a pleasant, moderate nutty smell.
How to choose inshell walnuts
- It’s better to buy nuts in the fall: this increases the chance that the crop is fresh,
- You can distinguish last year’s nuts by a dark shell or dark spots on it, less weight: the fruits dry out during storage
- Shaking nuts, you can hear a slightly ringing, but not empty sound. This is a sign of the freshness of the product,
- The most delicious are elongated nuts with a thin shell of the order of 1.5 mm. Round nuts are also tasty, but their shell is thick, therefore, the kernels are smaller.
- The shell should be dry, without holes, cracks and without the remains of the green shell (a sign of immaturity). A smooth shell is a sign that there are few partitions inside. Wet or cool to the touch nuts can not be taken,
- The lighter the shell, the less nuts will be bitter,
- If you have the strength, a quality, well-dried walnut can be opened by hand,
- Very fragile nuts are also sold, which easily open without effort. Buying them for the future is not worth it: they are poorly stored, but if you eat immediately, you will not regret, they are very tasty,
- When opening, the nuclei should be elastic, dense, without mold, oily film, uncharacteristic dots and spots. Fresh kernels are covered with a thin leathery shell of light golden color. They are cracked with a light crunch; on the fault they have a uniform light color. The taste is sweet, slightly tart, but without bitterness.
- If there is a moldy smell, and the taste of the nuts is rancid, this is a poor-quality product.
- If the kernels are yellow, they break into small pieces when rubbing in the fingers - they slipped last year's nut to you.
How to choose peeled nuts
If you still buy peeled walnut kernels from a reliable seller, then the tips are as follows:
- do not take much, but as much as you eat a few times,
- the kernels should be voluminous, crunchy, not wrinkled and lethargic,
- hold the kernels in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 180 C. Aflatoxins will not destroy such a treatment, but they will kill the pathogenic microflora.
Chemical composition: vitamins and minerals
Answering the question “what vitamins are in walnuts?”, It’s easier to list which vitamins are not in it. They include ascorbic acid and beta-carotene. It contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 and B9, C, E, K.
One hundred grams contains
- vegetable fats - 65.21 grams,
- protein 15.23 grams
- carbohydrates 13.71 grams,
- fiber 6.7 grams.
Does not contain cholesterol and trans fats. The composition of the walnut also includes more than 70% of the daily required amount of fat for a person, 20% protein, and 4% carbohydrates per hundred grams of the product.
One hundred grams contains (in mg):
The average core is about 650 calories, which is seven times more than, for example, the same amount of beef.
Harm and contraindications
Like any product, be it extremely beneficial to the body, walnut has a number of contraindications. It is especially worth paying attention to expectant mothers. Walnut - strong allergen because it contains a lot of protein. This property can harm not only mom, but also the baby, since asthma can be one of the consequences of such an allergy. Based on this, a day you can eat no more than two or three nuts.
In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, ulcers and colitis, walnuts are contraindicated in connection with its ability to cause irritation of the mucous membranes.
People suffering from constipation should also not abuse walnuts, as the high fat content in their composition will only aggravate the situation.
Neurodermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and other skin diseases are also a reason to abandon this fetus in order to prevent exacerbation of these diseases.
How to store walnuts?
Before storing nuts for storage, they need to be dried in the attic or balcony. The nuts deteriorate precisely from moisture, which can destroy the highest quality crop.
Inshell nuts are stored for a long time, up to 6 months. It is possible in a cabinet in the kitchen, in a dark, but dry, ventilated place, in a drawer, canvas bag. Packing nuts in cellophane is not necessary. If there is a cool but dry cellar, you can store nuts for 9-12 months at a temperature of -5 to +10 degrees.
The purified kernels are stored at room temperature for a short time, 10-15 days. In the refrigerator, you can store the cores for up to 3 months by placing them in a vacuum package. Allowed freezing, shelf life up to 12 months. To extend the “life” of nuts, they are fried like seeds. An option, but the benefits in such a product are already less.
The optimal period during which you need to eat nuts in the shell is 6 months. After this period, fats lose their benefit and rancid, give the nut an unpleasant aftertaste and smell.
Application in cosmetology
For cosmetic purposes, kernels, peel, oil and even walnut leaves are used. From a decoction of walnut leaves produce hair dye and make it look more healthy.
Walnut oil is good for moisturizing the skin. In addition, it will help to get a better and faster tan. Masks based on walnut have regenerative properties, nourish the skin, restore its natural balance. From walnuts you can make excellent peeling creams.
Benefit and harm
People who love walnuts, think about what benefits and harm can be obtained by using this product. Walnuts have always been used by people for both food and medical purposes. The recipes included not only the kernels themselves, but the shell and the film-septum. The product is almost unable to harm humans. The most common problem encountered is individual intolerance and allergies. But "fans" of walnuts should know what useful properties and contraindications this product has for health.
The spectrum of positive effects of fruits on the human body is diverse, so, it is possible to distinguish such medicinal properties of walnuts as:
- increased iodine content in the body having problems with the thyroid gland, living or working in areas unfavorable in terms of radiation,
- strengthening immunity, protection against diseases in the season of SARS,
- normalization of metabolism, the prevention of dysbiosis,
- establishment of blood flow, cardiovascular system,
- prevention of anemia, including for women after childbirth or losing a lot of blood during menstruation,
- prevention of constipation, as well as improving the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract,
- the establishment of the genitourinary system, the prevention of early menopause and impotence,
- adjustment of the brain and vision, memory,
- oncology warning
- lowering blood sugar
- anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action.
Why are stale, expired, and moldy nuts dangerous?
Such nuts are often sold at a good discount. The seller will assure: rinse, eat boldly, add to baking. Do not be tempted by the low price: these nuts contain a fungus that produces aflatoxins - dangerous substances that threaten not only health but also life!
Aflatoxins (mycotoxins) are the vital products of fungi that cause irreversible changes in the liver. High doses cause death within a few days, chronic intake of substances in small doses significantly increases the risk of liver cancer, violates the immune system, the work of the endocrine and nervous systems. A feature of aflatoxins is their resistance to high temperatures, alcohol-containing liquids and soaps (they are destroyed only by prolonged and harsh heat treatment, which is impossible with nuts).
The ideal environment for the propagation of mold fungus of the genus Aspergillus is moist, warm. Those. if stored improperly, nuts are actively colonized by fungi and become hazardous to health. The harm of walnuts to the body infected with fungi is not a myth, but a real threat to health. Think 1000 times by buying peeled kernels by weight!
How to detect that the nucleus is affected by a fungus? Unfortunately, this is difficult to do. If, when cracking a nut, you see a barely noticeable cloud as if from pollen, the nut is struck!
Contraindications and daily consumption
- allergies, psoriasis, eczema, etc.,
- serious gastrointestinal problems: inflammation, disorders,
- bleeding disorders
- obesity from the second degree and above.
Due to the calorie content, the product is not so easily digested. Therefore, even those who do not get on the list above should follow its consumption rate. So is it possible to eat walnuts every day? Yes, but doctors recommend consuming no more than five to seven cores per day. For better absorption, walnuts must be chewed well. The fried product is also better absorbed by the digestive tract.
Norms of use
How much do you need to eat a walnut per day?
- 2-3 nuts a day - the norm for healthy people,
- 3-4 nuts a day - for nursing mothers,
- 6-7 nuts a day - during the recovery period after illnesses, operations, for men engaged in heavy physical labor.
- Children can be given walnuts from 2 years old, no more than 2-3 chopped kernels per day.
If you eat more than 10-15 nuts, there will not be much harm. But this is a high-calorie product, a large amount of which negatively affects the figure, creates a "heaviness" in the stomach. The upper limit is 7 nuts per day.
The best time is morning. Nuts are good bite with tea, coffee, and better - an addition to porridge, granola. The maximum benefit is in raw nuts, not in roasted nuts, although the latter are tastier.
You can buy nuts in honey - a popular dessert, often brought as a gift from sea resorts. When the nuts were harvested for such a treat, the big question. Dessert can be prepared on its own, but eat for several days.
Walnut jam is more nutritious than healthy. The most valuable nut is fresh and raw.
How to choose and store
To choose tasty and healthy walnuts, you need to know a few rules. Inshell nuts must be:
- not too light
- have a uniform color
- when shaking, do not make a sound, otherwise means that the nucleolus has dried,
- when you hit one against the other, a loud and clear sound should be heard,
- not have cracks and chips.
- not be past due
- not to be chopped (the finer the nut is crushed, the more it will be bitter),
- have an even light color,
- have no unpleasant odor
- Do not be bitter and salty in taste.
Inshell nuts can be stored for about a year, but peeled for no more than two months. If long-term storage is planned, it is better to calcine them in the oven, which will remove excess fluid from them.
It should be stored in a cool, dark place, a refrigerator is also suitable. Fold better in a cloth bag, cardboard box or wooden box. When stored at room temperature, it remains edible for two weeks.
Walnut oil is a valuable, expensive product (about 700 rubles per 250 ml). It can be found in organic product sections. In Russia, imported oil is sold (made in Austria, France), as well as domestic and farmer. When buying, carefully read the composition - the oil may be with the addition of sunflower.
The most useful - unrefined, first cold pressed, get it by cold pressing cores. This is exactly what they sell in stores, but the shelf life of 12-18 months is surprising. As you know, unrefined oils are not stored for such a long time, which means that the oil has been processed to increase the shelf life. It is better to make butter at home: 200 gr. grind fresh kernels in a mortar or grinder, you can use a blender, but for several approaches. Place the mass in gauze and squeeze. The resulting volume should be used in 3 days. Keep refrigerated.
The beneficial properties of walnut oil are multifaceted: the product is recommended for gastritis, to reduce the acidity of gastric juice, get rid of heartburn. Oil increases bile secretion, promotes the restoration of liver cells, pancreas, improves joint function, kidney function. Helps strengthen immunity, preserve youth, improve memory and vision. High antioxidant properties allow you to take oil for the prevention of oncology, the elimination of radionuclides. Proven and stimulating effect on libido in women and men.
How to use:
Universal treatment regimen - 1 tbsp. for the night. To strengthen immunity and treat diabetes, take 1 tsp. three times a day before meals. In the absence of allergies, you can give children from 1 year, a few drops. Also, oil is used as a salad dressing.
It is widely used in cosmetology for skin care of any type, massage. Walnut oil retains moisture and nourishes the skin, eliminates irritation, itching, improves complexion, tightens the oval, smoothes shallow wrinkles.
Walnut rightfully takes pride of place in the cuisines of different peoples of the world. Jam is made from them (including green), added to confectionery and pastries (roasted potatoes, kozinaki, churchkhela, baklava).
Nuts are used for baking meat, in salads, various sauces (satsivi, bage) are made on their basis.
- Gynecological tumor diseases. Alcohol infusion from the shells of a nutshell. Take 20-30 gr. crushed (but not into powder) septa and 100 ml of vodka, mix and shake. Put in a dark place for 3 weeks. Daily dose: 10 ml. The course of treatment is 60 days.
- Oncological diseases, benign tumors, thrombosis. Take a dry shell of 15 fruits, rinse, transfer to a jar and pour 700 ml of vodka, close the lid. Put in a cool place for 60 days. Take a course of 60 days at 5-10 ml per day.
- CCC diseases (hypertension, atherosclerosis). The crushed walnut kernels are mixed with honey in a 1: 1 ratio. Take 2.5 tbsp. per day daily.
- Hypothyroidism, iodine deficiency. 1 tbsp dry leaves or walnut partitions, pour 1 cup boiling water, insist and filter. Take half an hour before meals. The course is 1 month, several times a year.
- Diarrhea. Water tincture of shell partitions obtained according to the above recipe quickly eliminates diarrhea.
- Dysentery, kidney and intestinal diseases, as well as skin problems - lichen, eczema, herpes. Take 200 gr. green peel and 1 liter of vodka, put in a dark place for 30 days. Take 1 tbsp. 3 times a day, diluted with water, for external skin use.
- Normalization of intestinal motility. 50 gr nuts mixed with honey eliminate discomfort and a tendency to constipation. Take on an empty stomach, in the morning, half an hour before the first meal. The course is 7 days.
- Inflammatory processes of the oral cavity. 1 tbsp dry nut leaves pour 1 cup boiling water, insist, strain. Rinse your mouth 2 times a day. After rinsing, do not eat for 1 hour.
- Exacerbation of hemorrhoids. Lotions from the infusion of leaves are applied to hemorrhoids several times a day.
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction. Grind 7-9 nuts, mix with honey and take every morning during breakfast.
- Mastopathy Take 2-3 tbsp. dry partitions and pour 250 ml of alcohol, insist in the dark for 7 days. Take 1 tbsp. 3 times a day before meals. This remedy is also recommended to normalize hormone levels, eliminate iodine deficiency and strengthen the immune system.
- Wounds, abrasions, skin inflammations. Apply fresh walnut leaves or dry leaf powder to the inflammatory foci.
- Powerful firming. Mix in equal proportions the crushed kernels of walnut, dried apricots, lemon (with zest), raisins and honey. A vitaminized remedy has a restorative, tonic effect, increases brain activity. Take 20 g. mixture in the morning. Keep refrigerated.
- Vitamin Bomb This tool was used back in the days of Kievan Rus. Chop green nuts and mix in equal proportions with figs and honey. Take 1 tsp. before breakfast.
- Vascular cleansing. Take the chopped shell 10 nuts, pour half a liter of vodka and insist in the dark for 7 days. Take 1 tbsp. on an empty stomach.
- Prevention of atherosclerosis. Mix 10 chopped kernels of nuts, 10 tablespoons of unrefined sunflower oil and 2 slices of chopped garlic. Take 1 tbsp. in a day.
- Improving the skin of the face and head . A decoction made from 0.5 l. purified water and partitions 25 nuts, cleanses the skin from acne, acne, and scalp from dandruff. You can treat your face with chilled broth instead of tonic, rinse your hair with broth.
- Mask for aging skin . Combine 15 ml of walnut oil, 5 ml of peach and almond extract. Apply to cleansed skin with massage movements for 15 minutes, rinse.
- The treatises of ancient Tajik medicine say: the use of walnut kernels with milk strengthens health, neutralizes and removes harmful substances from the body.
- Natural nut paste. A nutritious and healthy product that you can spread on bread. Grind 450 gr in a food processor walnut kernels, 2 tsp cane sugar, 1/3 tsp salt. Grind should be in several stages (otherwise the mass sticks together) to get a homogeneous homogeneous paste. At the end, add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Keep refrigerated.
- Walnut tincture. A universal recipe for the treatment of benign neoplasms, hypertension, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, infertility, diabetes, hypothyroidism, tuberculosis and colds. Take 30-40 walnuts in a green shell (May-June), rinse, cut into 4 parts and pour 1 liter of vodka. Put in a dark place for 24 days. Take 5 ml three times a day 20 minutes before meals.
In medicine and pharmacology
In the West, they know firsthand the benefits of using walnuts, and therefore they use this product in official medicine for the manufacture of fortifying, vasodilating, anti-inflammatory, and a number of other drugs. In Russia, walnut treatment occurs in the niche of traditional medicine. In folk medicine, not only edible kernels are used, but also shells, partitions, leaves.
So, for the prevention of atherosclerosis, a special paste is prepared from walnuts, garlic and vegetable oil. Pasta is used as a salad dressing or sandwich mass.
Alcohol tincture, on walnut walls or green nuts, is used internally. Tincture enhances immunity and normalizes hormones.
A decoction of leaves treats eczema and other skin diseases, they gargle with ARVI.
Walnut extract is used in the manufacture of skincare and medicinal cosmetics.
For weight loss
Eating walnuts because of their calorie content is not recommended for complete people. However, in the process of losing weight, you can use them. Since calories are “correct”, that is, they do not settle, are not superfluous, but stimulate metabolic processes.
The main rule is to eat them in the morning so that the product has time to assimilate, and also not to use them on an empty stomach, it is better to eat fruit before that.
Walnuts are useful for losing weight for the following reasons:
- normalize the nervous system
- strengthen the cardiovascular system, bones,
- break down vitamins
- normalize the hormonal background.
Contraindications, harm, side effects
The harm of walnut and products from it is obvious to people with an allergy to the product - this is a direct contraindication. The use of the product will lead to the development of allergic reactions up to anaphylactic shock. With caution, you can eat walnuts to patients with a tendency to protein allergies, as well as intolerance to other types of nuts. Nuts are highly allergenic foods - remember this!
With diathesis, acute intestinal infections, exacerbation of gastritis, pancreatitis, gastrointestinal ulcers, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, vitamin oversaturation, excess iodine in the body, walnut is contraindicated.
Exceeding the recommended daily allowance leads to:
- The development of diarrhea (especially if the product is used to treat constipation),
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the tonsils,
- Weight gain.
Harmful partitions of walnuts are possible when exceeding the recommended doses up to poisoning. Partition-based products are contraindicated for allergies, pregnancy, an excess of iodine in the body, dermatitis, exacerbation of psoriasis and gastritis.
The benefits of walnuts for men, women and children are not only in high nutritional value, but also in medicinal properties. Carefully select nuts from a reputable supplier and include them in your daily diet with health benefits.