Good day, dear readers!
In today's article, we will consider with you a wonderful medicinal plant - wild rose, as well as its medicinal and other useful properties, use, contraindications, composition and treatment of wild rose. So…
Rosehip - description
Dogrose (lat. Rosa) - a perennial, wild plant of the family Pink (Rosaceae).
The people call the wild rose - a wild rose.
Rosehip is a short bush up to 1.5-2.5 m in height with arc-like drooping branches covered with crescent spikes.
Young shoots of red-green color with bristles (awl-like spikes). The flowers are pink or white-pink, with five free petals, a nimbus up to 5 cm in diameter.
Rosehip color falls on May-June. The fruits ripen in September-October, are painted in red-orange colors, of various shapes, with many hairy achenes.
Rose hips are harvested before the start of frosts, since even slight freezing destroys their medicinal properties.
The fruits are dried in a dryer or oven at a temperature of 90-100 ° C, but they are strictly monitored so that they do not burn. Properly dried raw materials are brownish red or brownish yellow.
Store dried rose hips in closed jars or bags for 2 years. Sometimes wild rose flowers are also harvested, which is done during its flowering. The flowers are dried in the usual way. The infusion of rosehip petals is also useful - it tones and refreshes the skin well.
> Rosehips: medicinal properties and contraindications
Due to its composition, the fruits of the plant help to fight many diseases, including various inflammatory processes, tonsillitis, influenza, SARS. Also, decoctions of rose hips are used as the basis for oxygen cocktails that increase the overall tone of the body and its resistance to these and many other infections.
Features of the composition
Rosehip is a valuable source of natural ascorbic acid in an easily digestible form. It is also extremely rich in carotene, B, E, P, K vitamins, potassium, iron, calcium, manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus salts. The plant contains citric and malic acids, pectins, tannins, sugars, essential oils, volatile products.
Rosehip May (cinnamon) and wrinkled have the most "concentrated" composition, which determines their pronounced therapeutic properties, but berries of any variety of shrubs can be used in the treatment of various diseases in the absence of contraindications. In folk recipes, the leaves and flowers of the plant, roots, branches, oil from its fruits are also used.
The chemical composition of rose hips
The medicinal properties of rose hips are due to the rich composition of this plant for vitamins and minerals. By the way, there are many times more vitamin C in wild rose than in lemon (120 in dry and up to 800 mg in fresh fruits compared to 40 g in fresh lemon)!
The composition of the dog rose includes the following substances:
- vitamins: C, P, PP, B1, B2, K, E,
- sugar: glucose, fructose, sucrose, xylose,
- organic acids: citric, malic, oleic, linoleic, linolenic, palmitic,
- stearic, arachin,
- essential oil,
- steroids and their derivatives,
- anthocyanins, leukoanthocyanidins,
- higher aliphatic hydrocarbons,
- higher aliphatic alcohols,
- macroelements and microelements: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, sodium, molybdenum, copper, zinc, cobalt, aluminum, selenium, nickel, strontium, lead.
Accumulates copper, cobalt, selenium.
Influenza, SARS, immunity
♦ This recipe will help with kidney disease, for the prevention and treatment of rheumatism, as well as for anemia, scurvy and flu. In addition, this tool improves metabolism. To prepare the infusion, you must:
- two teaspoons, with a hill of wild rose, dried and chopped,
- take a glass of boiling water and pour the mixture,
- let it stand for ten to fifteen minutes,
- then strain
It should be taken after meals, three times a day. For each use, a fresh infusion should be brewed.
♦ The beneficial properties of rose hips, taking into account contraindications, have a healing effect in combination with other medicinal plants. So, with colds, flu and SARS The following collection will help:
- Take in equal quantities dried and chopped coltsfoot, rosehip berries, chamomile and linden flowers, raspberries (berries or twigs),
- liter of boiling water pour this mixture (three tablespoons will be enough) and boil,
- cook for about five minutes on low heat,
- let stand and strain.
Drink half a glass a day for three to four times. Fresh broth should be prepared every day.
♦ To strengthen immunity:
- Two tablespoons of ground dried fruit should be boiled in a glass of water,
Take three times a day in a tablespoon.
♦ Also to activate the body's defenses use a collection of medicinal plants:
- Take black currant 5 g of berries, strawberry leaves - 2 g, 10 g, rowan berries and the same amount of wild rose, chop everything and stir,
- pour vodka - 0.5 liters and insist for a month (preferably in a cool and dark place), then strain,
Take 20-30 drops in the morning and evening for a month. Then - a break of 15 days and again take a month.
Rules for the preparation of medicines
Rosehip berries are harvested from August to October, while they remain firm. Frosts negatively affect the healing properties of fruits, reducing the content of vitamins. For drying, an oven preheated to 70-75 ° C is used: obtaining high-quality material takes about 3.5 hours with the door ajar for ventilation.
You can harvest both peeled berries, cutting them fresh and removing nuts and hairs, as well as whole ones. After drying, they should retain their original color. Darkening suggests that a significant proportion of vitamins and nutrients have been destroyed, is a contraindication to the use of such fruits in food.
The preparation of home remedies from rose hips requires the use of glass, porcelain or enameled dishes. You can insist berries using a thermos with a glass flask. In it, the crushed rose hips give the greatest extraction of vitamin C in 6-9 hours, after which its destruction begins. Whole berries reach this value after 35 hours and retain it for up to 42 hours.
Tip: When using a conventional thermos to insist rosehips, it is better to use a smaller glass vessel in order to avoid contact of the drink with stainless steel walls.
The healing properties of rose hips
The use of rose hips is advisable in the following diseases and pathological conditions:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system: anemia, atherosclerosis, thrombosis, arterial hypertension (hypertension), coronary heart disease (CHD), hematopoiesis, cerebrovascular disease, internal bleeding and hemorrhage, hemophilia,
- vitamin C hypovitaminosis,
- colds, viral diseases, acute respiratory infections,
- injuries, fractures, non-healing wounds,
- eye diseases
- digestive problems
- decreased gastric secretion,
- female diseases
- inflammation of the urinary system
- exhaustion of the body,
- salt metabolism disorders,
- hemorrhagic diathesis,
- malignant neoplasms,
- radiation sickness,
- Addison's disease.
In addition, rosehip has the following useful properties:
- normalizes metabolism and water-salt balance,
- cleanses the body
- protects against deficiency of vitamins and minerals,
- accelerates tissue regeneration,
- stimulates collagen production,
- nourishes and restores the mucous membrane of the oral cavity,
- regulates blood coagulability and permeability of blood vessels,
- relieves tension of the walls of blood vessels,
- restores the protective properties of the body, strengthens the immune system,
- activates metabolism and blood-forming processes,
- stimulates mental activity and physical performance,
- lowers blood cholesterol and dissolves cholesterol plaques,
- prevents the formation of blood clots and stones in the urinary system,
- stimulates fibrinolysis,
- improves liver function.
- Take the rosehip berries (about 5 tablespoons) chopped and pour 1 liter of water in an enameled dish in the evening,
- the infusion should be brought to a boil and boiled for another 10 minutes over low heat,
- remove from heat, wrap the pan and let it stand overnight.
This broth can be drunk as tea or instead, at any time if desired.
Rosehip: useful properties and contraindications
First, let's figure out what a rose hip is. From the point of view of botany, it is a shrubby perennial culture that belongs to the Rosaceae family. The stems of the bush are dotted with small sharp spikes. The people call the plant "wild rose." This is because the shrub in appearance (stems and foliage) is somewhat similar to a decorative rose. However, rosehip flowers are hardly similar to everyone's favorite flower. Rosehip blooms in single buds, consisting of 4-5 petals of pale pink, pale orange or beige. Of particular interest are rose hips - small (1–1.5 cm long) berries of a bright scarlet or orange hue. The fruits of the plant are a little tart and sour in taste, but their composition is simply amazing tremendous variety.
Rosehip grows in almost all regions of our country, with the exception of places with a pronounced cold climate. This plant is known in many countries of the world. The shrub is not whimsical and is able to grow like a weed without any care and concern on the part of the gardener. The plant is unpretentious and temperature-sensitive, does not require much moisture, it does not need a shadow. However, too much heat and frost for this plant are fatal.
Rosehip berries consist of the following set of substances:
- B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid).
- Vitamins PP (flavonoids).
- Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K and A.
- Tannins (tannins).
- Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium.
- Fluorine, chromium, iron.
- Manganese, zinc, copper.
- Water-soluble fiber (pectins).
- Malic and citric acid.
Vitamin C in the berries of the plant in question contains as much as 14 percent. For comparison, this is twice as much as ascorbic acid in currant fruits.
Rosehip - contraindications and harm
Rosehip contains a lot of vitamin C in its composition, so it can badly affect tooth enamel. To avoid negative effects, drink rosehip through a tube or simply rinse your mouth with water after using a strong broth of rosehip.
Hypertensive patients should not take alcohol tinctures of rose hips, but only water infusions and decoctions. But hypotonics, on the contrary, need to take only alcohol tinctures of rose hips, but in no case decoctions and infusions on water.
Prolonged use of rose hips can adversely affect liver function, and even non-infectious jaundice (Gospel disease) can be threatened.
Preparations from the roots of rose hips inhibit the secretion of bile. Also, decoctions of the roots are not recommended for people suffering from constipation, because the condition can worsen.
To balance the effects of rosehips on the digestive system, eat celery, dill or parsley at the same time as rosehips - this will reduce the gas production that can be caused by the use of rosehips in large quantities.
With heart diseases (endocarditis, etc.) and dermatological problems, the use of rose hips should be treated carefully, it should be taken after consulting a doctor and the dose should be strictly controlled.
General strengthening and multivitamin drugs
Rosehip infusions and extracts help to strengthen the body's resistance to infectious agents and cope with intoxication. To get rid of fatigue, it is enough to chew several berries of the plant and drink them with clean water.
Warning: Rinse your mouth thoroughly after eating rosehips or taking medications based on it, since they have the property of actively corroding tooth enamel. Liquids are best drunk with a straw.
The cardiovascular system
With benefit and without harm, rosehip infusion is used in the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system - angina pectoris, arrhythmia, hypertension and hypotension. Ascorbic acid contained in berries prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood and its deposition on the walls of blood vessels, which has a beneficial effect on their condition and reduces the likelihood of blood clots.
♦ Prescription for people with heart and vascular disease. It will also be useful for vitamin deficiency and people with metabolic disorders.
- Take 5 tablespoons of needles and rosehip berries 3 tablespoons, chop everything,
- pour the resulting mixture with a liter of boiling water. Use only enameled cookware,
- then close the lid and wrap the pan, let it brew for 5 hours,
- the resulting infusion should be filtered.
Drink one third or half a glass with a tablespoon of lemon juice, preferably fresh.
♦ Collection for heartache
- In the evening, mix the chopped mint leaves 1 tablespoon, a tablespoon of valerian root, rosehips and the same amount of fruit and pour boiling water (half a liter will be enough, be sure to take an enameled container),
- 5 minutes boil over low heat,
- let it brew, then strain.
Take two tablespoons at night.
- Fill two-thirds of a half-liter bottle with chopped rose hips,
- pour vodka, then insist for about 2 weeks in a warm place,
- shake the infusion daily,
- Take 20 drops per sugar slice.
You can make such a medicine from whole fruits. Take such a tincture of 5 drops daily increasing the dose by another five. Thus, bring the dose to 100 drops. Then the dose should be reduced in the same way again to five.
Dogrose for pancreatitis and other gastrointestinal diseases
As an integral part, rosehip is included in medicinal decoctions used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
♦ So with pancreatitis there is a wonderful recipe with rose hips:
Boil for 5 minutes 100 g of dried fruit in a liter of water, insist under the lid until completely cooled and take a tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
♦ With intestinal diverticulosis
- You should take the berries of wild rose, dill, motherwort, nettle and chamomile flowers in equal proportions, all this needs to be chopped and stirred,
- pour a tablespoon of the mixture in a thermos with a glass of boiling water,
- let it stand for an hour and a half, then strain.
You need to drink in the morning and in the evening half a glass after a meal. The course of admission is a month.
♦ If the inflamed intestines, liver, or bladder are concernedthen do the following:
- Pour a liter of water into an enameled pan and boil,
- take 50 crushed rosehip berries and throw in boiling water,
- remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid,
- let it brew for at least 12 hours, then strain.
You should drink one glass three times a day. You can add honey to the infusion.
Unpeeled Infusion Recipe
Unpeeled rosehip berries in the amount of 1 tbsp. l grind with a wooden pestle, pour the powder into the prepared dishes and pour 0.5 l of boiling water.Cover the vessel and hold in a water bath for about 15 minutes, then remove for insisting for 24 hours. Drain the finished drink and drink half a cup twice a day for several months.
Rosehip - application in traditional medicine (recipes)
In any pharmacy, you can buy ready-made raw materials with instructions for use.
Rosehip tea. 2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped rose hips pour a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 10 minutes. Such tea can be made both in a teapot and in a thermos.
Rosehip tea with tea. 3 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed rose hips mixed with 1 teaspoon of black / green tea or hibiscus. Leave to brew and drink with sugar to taste.
A decoction of rosehip berries. 0.5 cups of dried chopped rosehips, pour 5 cups of boiling water. Simmer for 5 minutes under a tightly closed lid. Leave to brew for 8 hours, strain and take 2 cups per day.
Alcohol tincture of wild rose. Scalp 1 cup of dried rosehip berries with boiling water and soak in boiled water. Swollen rosehips pour 250 ml of 70% medical alcohol, add 6-7 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar and 1 liter of boiled water. Close the jar or glass bottle with tincture tightly and place in a cool place for insisting. Shake once every 2-3 days. After a month, the tincture is ready, it remains only to strain it before use.
Rosehip tincture on vodka. 5 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed fresh or dried rose hips, pour 400 ml of vodka and add 600 ml of boiled water. Stir, place in a glass jar or bottle, close hermetically and leave to insist 1 month, shaking. Strain, cork and store in a cool dark place. To improve the taste, you can add sugar to the tincture.
Rosehip oil. Grind 100 g of dried fruit, pour 0.5 l of boiled vegetable oil. Insist in a warm place for 2 weeks, shaking the contents in the morning and evening. Strain, store in a cool dark place.
A decoction of rosehip petals for the treatment of colds and cosmetic procedures. 100 g of rosehip petals pour a glass of boiling water. Hold for several seconds on fire, then pour into a thermos and leave for 12 hours. Take such a decoction orally at 50 ml 3 times a day or use externally for washing.
A decoction of rosehip leaves to relieve pain in the stomach and intestines. 2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped rosehip leaves pour 400 ml of cold water. Cook 15 minutes after simmering. Cool and strain. Take 50 ml every 2 hours.
A decoction of rosehip branches from sciatica and rheumatism. 3 tbsp. tablespoons of chopped branches and young shoots of wild rose, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Let it stand under the lid for 1 hour, strain and take 0.5 cups 3-4 times a day before meals.
A decoction of the roots of wild rose. 2 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed rosehip roots pour 1 cup boiling water and simmer for about 1 minute. Let stand for 2 hours. Broth is drunk 100 ml 3 times a day before meals, filtered before use. Outwardly, such a decoction can be used to apply a warm compress.
A bath of rose hips. 1 cup of rosehip roots pour 2 liters of boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes. Leave to stand for 2 hours, strain and add to the bathroom.
Rosehip infusion: how to take with benefit without harm in diseases of the gall and bladder, liver and kidneys
- Take 1 handful of rosehips per half liter of water and a teaspoon of sugar,
- simmer for three or five minutes over low heat. It is not advisable to brew in a thermos,
- it is advisable to boil the broth repeatedly for 7-10 minutes, then the broth will be more useful.
Drink instead of tea or water.
♦ In diseases of the kidneys and liver, as well as in the treatment of alcoholism You can prepare the following recipe:
- Take two liter enameled containers with lids,
- in a first container put a glass of chopped rose hips, and in a second glass of chaga birch mushroom,
- pour half a liter of boiling water into each container and bring to a boil. Do not boil!
- Leave for an hour, then strain and mix.
Drink half an hour before meals in equal proportions. It is important to brush your teeth immediately after taking - rosehip destroys the enamel. A portion of the rosehip infusion can be infused 2 times, and another portion with a birch mushroom - 4 times.
The course of admission is at least 2 months. A new one should be prepared daily.
♦ To use rosehip infusion without harm, and with maximum benefit with diseases of the bladder or kidneys, gastritis (with high acidity), tuberculosis and atherosclerosis you need to do the following:
- rosehips in an amount of 150-200 g (it does not matter, dry or fresh) pour a liter of boiling water,
- then insist a day, then strain.
Drink half an hour before meals two or three times a day, in an amount of 100 ml per dose.
Kidney Vinegar for Kidney Disease
With kidney diseases, rosehip vinegar can help:
- To prepare vinegar, take a glass container with a wide neck and fill it with dry fruits,
- further, dissolve sugar in boiled water with the calculation of a liter of water per 100-150 g of sugar,
- then pour this water into the jar to the top. Water should be at room temperature,
- close the container with gauze, leave in a dark place for a month and a half or two.
- if you want to give strength to vinegar, you can add fresh shoots or leaves of the plant, if you insist
- after vinegar should be filtered and bottled. Store in a dark place and preferably at room temperature.
Vinegar should be drunk for at least a month in a tablespoon per day three times, diluted with water or added to tea.
Useful properties of rose hips
Useful properties of rose hips are an indisputable fact. It is known that rosehips contain a large amount of ascorbic acid (or vitamin C), from four to six percent, and sometimes about eighteen percent, in addition, there are vitamin E in the seeds of rosehips, and such berries also contain ascorbic acid vitamins like B, K, P (also called routine), carotene, etc.
A large amount of useful substances was found in the plant: up to eighteen percent sugar, up to one whole and eight tenths percent malic acid and up to two percent citric, more than three percent pectins and more than four percent tannins, as well as many other substances - iron, calcium, salts potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, essential oil, lycopene, etc. By the content of vitamin C, rosehips are ahead of even black currants, and ten times, as well as lemon - fifty times.
In addition, rose hips are an excellent bactericidal agent. The highest content of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) occurs in the eastern and northern parts of the forest sector, as well as the content of tannins.
Rosehip also serves to relieve inflammation, is a good diuretic and choleretic agent, improves the function of the gastrointestinal tract. The big plus is that with all this it does not adversely affect the tissues of the kidneys. Vitamin C contained in rose hips has a positive effect on most redox reactions of the body. Another plus is the ability to inhibit deposits in the blood vessels of the atheromatous masses, and also thanks to the wild rose, the amount of cholesterol in the blood is reduced and the spread of the disease atherosclerosis is stopped.
The carotene contained in the rosehip has a positive effect on the body’s immunity, vitamin K improves blood coagulation and helps in the formation of prothrombin, vitamin P strengthens the capillaries, and also helps in the best absorption of vitamin C, vitamins B2 and B1 affect the blood-forming organs, help in the synthesis of visual purpura and play a role in the formation of the yellow enzyme.
The following recipe will help clear lymph:
- pour a tablespoon of ground rose hips with boiling water (half a liter is enough),
- let it cool
- after strain.
You should drink about twenty minutes before eating a quarter cup through a straw, since rosehip helps to destroy enamel. Take three times a day.
As with most drugs, rosehip preparations, in addition to useful and medicinal properties, have contraindications. So, with gastritis with high acidity, stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer, it is not recommended to use them for a long time, because Vitamin C contained in them can contribute to aggravation of the mucous membrane.
Also, long-term use of rose hips can provoke stagnation in the tissues of the liver, which can lead to inflammation. Due to the ability to increase blood coagulability, the decoction is not useful for people suffering from thrombophlebitis, endocarditis and heart failure in the stage of dystrophy of the heart muscle.
When taking rosehip infusion as a vitamin drink, you should drink it with a special straw in order to protect tooth enamel from the damaging effect of ascorbic acid. After that, it is advisable to rinse your mouth with clean water.
For colds, flu, SARS
Due to the high content of vitamin C, rosehip berries have an overwhelming effect on pathogenic bacteria and viruses. Drinking based on rose hips has an anti-inflammatory effect, promotes analgesia and suppression of heat. Many probably remember from childhood how, during a cold, they were given a “compote” of rose hips. This drink helps to thin out sputum, heals cough, runny nose, relieves aches in joints.
With blood diseases
Rosehip helps to establish the process of blood formation. The fruits of this plant are prescribed for anemia, high cholesterol and other types of problems. Regular administration of funds based on rose hips helps to restore the blood formula and significantly reduce the risks of developing serious pathological conditions.
Rosehip: benefits and harms for men and women
This plant has a beneficial effect on the human body. Especially interesting properties in the direction of benefit separately for the female and male body. Knowing the peculiarities of the influence of this plant on the reproductive system, it is possible to apply funds based on it with maximum benefit and minimal health risks.
Useful properties and contraindications for men
It is believed that this plant helps restore masculine strength. However, it is worth saying that the rosehip itself is not capable of exerting a pronounced therapeutic effect in this direction. However, as part of complex therapy, it will be very useful and will contribute to accelerating the formation of the desired effect. Rosehip is also good for blood vessels and heart. And this is very valuable for a man in active age. Rose hips are used to treat the initial stages and the prevention of prostate diseases. The beneficial properties of rose hips for men do not end there. The berries of this plant can be used to strengthen the body overall. And since many men do not like to be treated with pills, it is quite possible to offer them such an alternative as a rosehip decoction for colds, SARS, general malaise, and fatigue.
Attention! Doctor consultation required!
Useful properties and contraindications for women
This plant is extremely beneficial for women's health. It is worth noting such useful properties of rose hips for women:
- Promotes the formation of a healthy flora in the body in preparation for conception and pregnancy.
- It removes excess fluid, removes edema, and helps to reduce body weight.
- Helps get rid of acne and blackheads.
- Improves the quality and color of the skin.
- Relieves headache, helps eliminate unpleasant symptoms of migraine.
- Strengthens the protective properties of the body in the season of colds.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Improves the quality of hair, nails, teeth.
- Helps to get rid of excessive sweating.
- Protects the nervous system from stress.
This is not all the benefits of rose hips for a woman's body. We will talk more about the effect of this plant on the body of pregnant and lactating women in the next section of the article.
Rose hips: useful properties and contraindications during pregnancy and lactation
Rosehip berries - an invaluable gift of nature, which can be used to benefit women's health in the most critical periods - pregnancy, breastfeeding.
During the period of bearing a child, very often there is a threat of developing late gestosis. This condition is very dangerous for the health of the woman and the unborn baby. Symptoms such as high blood pressure and swelling characterize this condition. Means based on rose hips help gently reduce pressure and remove excess fluid from tissues. Rose hips are a rather mild and safe option for the prevention and treatment of pregnant women with eclampsia. However, without the appointment of a doctor, it is not worth using this recommendation and self-medicating.
The fruits of the plant are also useful during breastfeeding. Rosehip saturates mom's body with useful substances, helps increase lactation. But a high content of vitamin C can provoke an allergic reaction in both the baby and the mother. When deciding on the use of the described means, it is worth consulting with a specialist and taking into account all contraindications.
Hips, leaves, extracts and juices are very useful in the treatment and prevention of various diseases. However, do not lose sight of the fact that this product has a number of contraindications.
It is impossible or undesirable to use rose hips in the following situations:
- Individual intolerance to the product and vitamin C.
- High acidity of the stomach.
- Deep vascular thrombosis, tendency to thrombosis.
- Acute inflammatory period of kidney and urinary tract diseases.
- With some pathologies of the liver and biliary tract.
- Hypotension or instability of blood pressure.
- Myocarditis, other myocardial diseases.
- Children's age up to 2 years.
Any chronic condition or an acute period of illness implies the need for consultation with a doctor regarding the admissibility of the use of wild rose and its fruits for treatment, prevention of exacerbation of existing problems.
Important! Before using rose hips, be sure to consult your doctor!
With weakness and exhaustion. Brew a glass of hot broth of wild rose 1 tbsp. a spoonful of hypericum herb. Leave on for 30 minutes. Take 0.5 cups 1 hour after a meal for a month.
Vitamin deficiency, strengthening the immune system. 1 teaspoon of dry chopped echinacea herb, brew a glass of hot broth of wild rose. Let stand for 3 hours, strain. Take 1 cup in small portions throughout the day one hour before meals for a week.
Cold. Mix 2 parts of rose hips, 2 parts of dried raspberries, 1 part of currant leaves. Brew 1 tbsp. a spoonful of the mixture with a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 15-20 minutes, strain. Take in the evening before going to bed.
SARS. Mix 2 parts of fruits and roots of rose hips, 2 parts of mint, 1 part of oregano and 1 part of coltsfoot. Take 3 teaspoons of the mixture and brew a glass of boiling water, wrap well and leave to insist. Strain, take 0.5 cups 3 times a day an hour before meals.
Runny nose. Rosehip oil instill 2-3 drops in each nostril.
Angina. Mix equal parts of celandine grass and chamomile flowers. 1 tbsp. brew a spoonful of the mixture with 1.5 cups of hot broth of wild rose. Let stand for half an hour, strain. Gargle every 2 hours. This tool will help minimize sore throat and stop the infection.
Febrifuge. Take and mix ¼ cup rose hips and viburnum berries. Pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew in a thermos or just wrapping it well.Strain, take 0.5 cups every hour or two.
Antipyretic infusion for flu. Take 1 tbsp. spoonful of rose hips and dried raspberries, pour a glass of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes over low heat and leave to infuse for a day. Strain, take 0.5 cups an hour before meals in the morning and evening.
Halitosis, bad breath. Brew 5 g of peppermint leaves with a glass of hot broth of wild rose. Leave on for 20 minutes, strain. Rinse your mouth using a warm broth.
Gum disease For chronic gum disease, rinse your mouth throughout the day with a rosehip decoction.
Sinusitis In a warm broth of rose hips, add 2-3 grains of potassium permanganate and 7-10 drops of iodine tincture. With this solution, rinse your sinuses.
Arterial hypertension (hypertension). Take 0.5 cups of a rosehip decoction an hour after eating.
Arterial hypotension (hypotension). Take 25 drops of the rosehip tincture on vodka 30 minutes before meals.
Atherosclerosis. Pour 1 tbsp. a spoonful of hawthorn flowers with a glass of hot broth of rose hips. Wrap and leave to brew for 2 hours. Strain, take 3-4 days a quarter cup half an hour before meals.
Gastrointestinal and liver diseases. Take a glass of warm infusion at night for constipation, as well as a diuretic.
Properties and applications of rose hips
Rosehip has gained immense popularity in the field of medicine precisely because it has a huge range of properties. The plant has a noticeable effect on the human body. The effect of the use of rose hips occurs, literally, immediately or when accumulated within 2-3 days.
The following properties of rosehip should be highlighted:
- Astringency. This affects the intestines (eliminates diarrhea).
- Anti-inflammatory effect. The effect is clearly visible during colds.
- Easy anesthesia. Relieves spasm, calms the walls of blood vessels, eliminates headache, joint pain.
- Antihypertensive property. Rose hips and medicines based on them significantly lower blood pressure.
- Decongestant action. Rosehip activates the kidneys and urinary system, removes excess fluid.
- Antimicrobial action. Rinsing based on the berries of the plant helps eliminate bad breath, and also helps to heal wounds and eliminate gum disease. Treats dogrose throat and nose diseases.
- Immunomodulatory effect. Rosehip well restores immunity after illness and during viral and other infectious diseases. Dog rose is recommended after operations to restore strength and improve blood counts, pressure.
- Anti-aging effect. Rosehip is not only a doctor, but also a beautician. Helps to get rid of skin problems, restores strength and shine of hair.
These are far from all the properties of the medicinal plant in question. Rosehip is good in many areas of preserving health, youth and beauty.
Of course, to get the effect of using rose hips you need to know how to use it. For medical and cosmetic purposes, different parts of the plant are used: leaves, root, stems. However, the most popular are the fruits. No, they are almost never eaten for nothing. However, based on these berries, decoctions are brewed, infusions are made, oils and boils are prepared.
The most popular is the infusion of rose hips.
For cooking, you need berries - 200-300 grams, a thermos, boiled hot water - 1 liter. Berries need to be washed and rid of excess garbage. Put the berries in a thermos and pour boiling water. Cover the thermos tightly with a lid and leave it for at least 2 hours. When the liquid is infused, it can be filtered or simply drained without berries. This infusion is good for eliminating edema, lowering blood pressure, treating colds and coughs. This infusion is drunk for the general strengthening of the body.
A decoction on rose hips is another popular remedy. It is prepared from the same ingredients. Only, washed berries are sent to a refractory container and poured with 1 liter of water. Turn on a slow fire and cook until boiling. As soon as the broth boils, the fire should be turned off. The liquid should be infused for 40 minutes. Then you can drink the broth in small sips throughout the day.
It is believed that the infusion on berries is more useful than a decoction. However, much depends on the goals and problems. It is better to consult with a specialist.
Rosehip - a colorful and vibrant plant with medicinal properties! If there are no contraindications, you should definitely try this product for the treatment and prevention of existing problems. After all, wild rose is a rather tasty and fragrant natural medicine.
Peeled Infusion Recipe
Crushed fruits in the amount of 1 tbsp. l steamed with boiling water and hold in a water bath for 7-10 minutes, then remove for insisting for 2-3 hours and strain. Drink half a glass of liquid twice a day, adding sugar, honey or fruit juices to improve the taste of the drink and enhance its healing properties.
Therapeutic drink recipe
Dried rosehips in the amount of 2 tbsp. l process in a coffee grinder, add 3 cups of boiling water and leave for a quarter of an hour. Transfer the infusion to a separate bowl, and pour hot water to the berries again and boil the mixture. Combine the resulting liquids, put honey to give good taste and enhance beneficial properties. Drink the drink several times a day if desired.
The recipe for multivitamin multivitamin tea
Prepare a composition of 3 shares of carrots, rose hips, nettle leaves and 1 share of rowan berries (currants). Grind the mixture, put 4 tsp. in a prepared container and pour 2 cups of boiling water. Allow the drink to infuse for 60 minutes, maintaining its temperature at 60-70 ° C. Strain the liquid, take 3 or 4 times a day, 100 ml for 30 days.
Recipe for infusion of rosehip berries and red mountain ash
Mix the berries of wild rose and red mountain ash in the same amount, pour 1 tbsp. l the resulting plant material 400 ml of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes. Leave the liquid for 5 hours, strain it and drink it in a day in 2-3 doses. The course of drink is 1-3 months. Store the finished infusion is permissible no more than 48 hours in the dark and cool.
Recipe for infusion of rosehip berries of cinnamon and chokeberry
Take 3 volumes of sugar in 1 share of the berries of chokeberry and rosehip. Process the fruits in a mortar with a wooden pestle, mix with sugar and put in a tightly closed container. For the manufacture of a drink of 1 tbsp. l add the mixture to a glass of boiling water and insist 60 minutes, then take it warm several times a day for 1-2 months.
Immune Strengthening Tea Recipe
Prepare a mixture of 3 volumes of rose hips, 2 volumes of nettle leaves and 1 volume of raspberries. Rosehip grind and combine with the rest of the ingredients, 1 tbsp. l collection pour 400 ml of boiling water, tightly clog the dishes and let the drug infuse for a quarter of an hour. Take a glass of drink twice a day for 1-3 months.
Pine needles, rose hips, onion husks from infertility and high pressure
- Take 5 tablespoons of pine needles, 2 tablespoons of wild rose and the same amount of onion husks, chop everything and mix,
- pour boiling water, enough 600 ml of water,
- let stand.
You need to drink constantly instead of other drinks. The recipe helps not only against infertility, but also reduces high blood pressure.
With ovarian inflammation You can prepare such a decoction:
- Take in equal proportions yarrow, rosehip, calendula, water pepper and horsetail,
- brew one tablespoon per glass of water,
- let it brew.
Drink a tablespoon three times a day.
Is it possible to drink rosehip during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Many sources provide information that special care requires the use of the plant during the period of gestation: in some cases, an overdose causes a miscarriage. The author of books on herbal medicine R. Akhmetov gives more detailed recommendations on how to, and whether it is possible to drink dog rose during pregnancy, especially in the early stages, and breastfeeding. In particular, he gives a specific recipe:
At low pressure in pregnant or lactating women, 100 g of rose hips should be thoroughly ground into powder, pour half a liter of homemade vodka and insist for a week. Drink the medicine 20 drops three times a day until the condition improves. We add from ourselves that the duration of the course should not exceed three weeks. Also, contraindications must be taken into account!
Rose hips increase or decrease pressure?
We will find the answer all in the same book of R. Akhmetov. A wonderful naturopath, he is perhaps the only one who gave an accurate answer, lowers or increases the pressure of wild rose. So,
Alcohol tincture of fruits increases pressure!
Decoctions, infusions, teas and drinks on the water from the fruits - lower!
Rosehip infusion in a thermos: benefits and harms
An infusion of dried rose hips for maximum benefit without harm is better prepared in a thermos with a glass flask - if the flask is made of stainless steel, the contact of the raw materials with the metal dramatically (by 30-40 percent) reduces the level of vitamin C in the finished drink. But usually thermoses with a stainless flask have a wide neck, so you can go to the trick by putting a suitable sized glass bottle with a decoction, in which he will insist.
The dried rosehip shell (without seeds) is poured into a thermos (or glass bottle) and poured with hot water, but not boiling water. Proportions do not matter much: like tea, rosehip broth can be more or less strong - it all depends on the taste of the person who makes it. After 6-9 hours of infusion, the drink is ready to drink. If the infusion is prepared from whole fruits, the cooking time increases to one and a half days.
Attention! In order to get the most benefit, and not harm, infusion of rose hips in a thermos is poured with recently boiled water, but not with boiling water. When cooking using only boiled water and insisting in a thermos, part of the nutrients are destroyed in the fruits, without which the healing properties of the plant are reduced
How to cook compote from dried rose hips: both tasty and healthy
For those gourmets for whom a simple infusion seems too “fresh” drink, we advise you to prepare no less useful, but much more tasty compote. So, how to cook compote from dried rose hips - a proven recipe.
Dried pulp without seeds is soaked overnight in warm water - the temperature should be slightly higher than room temperature. In the morning, the soaked pulp is thrown into a colander, the infusion is poured into a pan, a little cinnamon and the zest of one lemon are added. Then, sugar is added to the infusion to taste, and cook over low heat, gently stirring. After the sugar has completely dissolved, a little orange juice can be added. After waiting 2-3 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and cool. Compote is ready!
How to harvest fruits
Be that as it may, the useful properties of rose hips far exceed its possible negative impact, which is also easily leveled by reasonable caution. So, how to turn this plant into a “healer of seven ailments”?
Rules for harvesting rose hips
- First of all, it is necessary to harvest the crop on time. Rosehip reaches a peak of utility in September-October, turning red or bright orange.
- To the touch, the berries should be smooth and fairly tight.
- They must be collected without fail before the start of frosts, because, having frozen and thawed, they lose most of their useful qualities.
- The collected fruits must be sorted, washed and dried, then placed in the oven, slightly opening the door for ventilation, or in an electric dryer for fruits. For proper drying, it is necessary to observe the temperature regime within +70 - +75 degrees. The required berry consistency is reached after about 3-4 hours of drying.
- It is important to ensure that they do not lose their natural color and do not darken, "frying": acquiring a maroon or brown hue, the raw material may lose a significant part of the vitamins, which, of course, reduces its medicinal properties.
You can dry whole and peeled berries from the "middle" of the seed. Both of these methods have both pros and cons.
- In the first case, in addition to the vitamins found in the orange pulp of the shell, the essential oils contained in the seeds are also stored in the rosehip, which makes them much more healing. But when making a decoction of whole berries, it is imperative that you carefully strain it to avoid spiky plant seeds entering the drink, which could injure the mucous membrane of the mouth or digestive tract.
- If you process the fruits before drying, separating the pulp from the seeds, you can not be afraid of this, however, such processing reduces the healing qualities of the prepared raw materials.
The article provides detailed information about the useful and healing properties of rose hips, contraindications to its use and the rules for the proper harvesting of fruits. Let medicinal plants help you stay healthy for years to come!
The recipe for tincture to eliminate the symptoms of a cold
Rosehip berries - 1 cup
Vodka - 200 ml
Sugar - 0.3 kg
Water - 1.5 cups
Crush the berries, cover with sugar, add boiled water, previously cooled to room temperature, put the mixture for 5 days in the sun. Pour vodka, leave the dishes in the dark and cool for another 5 days. Drain the fluid well and squeeze out the sediment. Consume 1 tbsp. l tinctures in the morning 60 minutes after breakfast and in the evening, as soon as signs of the disease appear.
Prescription drug for inhalation for sinusitis
Pour tincture of propolis in the amount of a few drops into a boiling broth of wild rose. It is necessary to breathe over the resulting mixture for a quarter of an hour, adding fresh hot liquid as the cooling cools.
The recipe for the treatment of acute respiratory infections, SARS
Prepare chopped vegetable raw materials: for 2 shares of fruits and roots of rose hips, take the same amount of mint and 1 share of coltsfoot and oregano grass. Steam 3 tsp. mixtures of 0.2 l of boiling water, insist, carefully wrapping the dishes, you can use a thermos. Take 0.5 cups three times a day 60 minutes before meals.
Nervous Disease Therapy
The use of rosehip berries has a beneficial effect on the state of the nervous system and strengthens it. The medicinal properties of the fruits of the shrub help to cope with the body’s excessive reaction to atmospheric pressure changes and weather changes, eliminate the effects of stress, unpleasant experiences and depression, and normalize sleep.
The recipe for a recovery drink after a heart attack, stroke
Shredded rosehip berries - 2 tbsp. l
Pine needles cut by scissors - 5 tbsp. l
Onion peel - 3 tbsp. l
Water - 700 ml
Pour plant material with cold water and cook for 15 minutes over low heat. Wrap the dishes, leave the drink for 2 hours and strain. For a day, take 0.5 l of the drug in several doses, the course of treatment should be carried out for at least 60 days.
Prescription drink for the treatment of prostate adenoma
In a hot infusion of rosehips with a volume of 1 liter put the roots (leaves) of a large burdock in an amount of 2 tbsp. l., put the mixture for 10 minutes in a water bath, set aside for 2.5 hours, drain. Treatment is carried out in courses of 30 days, you need to drink 1-2 tbsp. l funds 30 minutes before a meal.